Value of: Craig Anderson

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
What team would be suitable for him. I would think a team that needs a part-time starter that can play over fifty games if needed or less. Islanders would be my bet, although Buffalo or St. Louis should take a good look at bringing him on.

Would love to have him on the Jets.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We arent trading him,as we likely would have to surrender an asset...So he either plays better then we move him,or we are stcuk with him

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We arent trading him,as we likely would have to surrender an asset...So he either plays better then we move him,or we are stcuk with him

I don't know if Ottawa retains he could be a good back up for
-Calgary (if they have cap space after RFA)
-Chicago (If Crawford is not good to go)
-Washington (Who the hell is Pheonix Copley?)
-Winnipeg (Brossoit sucks and this team is in win now mode)

I think Ottawa should hold onto him as injuries happen and there's bound to a playoff team's #1 go down. Don't think Ottawa could expect anything more than mid round pick though.

Reactions: topshelf15

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He's worth more at the deadline because he was statistically awful last season. A team will realize their tandem hadn't worked out as planned or an injury will force a need to acquire goaltending.

He wont be traded this off season and he wont be traded to NYI. Have to think they're happy with a guy who put up better numbers than Anderson on an arguably worse team last season.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know if Ottawa retains he could be a good back up for
-Calgary (if they have cap space after RFA)
-Chicago (If Crawford is not good to go)
-Washington (Who the hell is Pheonix Copley?)
-Winnipeg (Brossoit sucks and this team is in win now mode)

I think Ottawa should hold onto him as injuries happen and there's bound to a playoff team's #1 go down. Don't think Ottawa could expect anything more than mid round pick though.

Chicago signed Ward. They're not taking Anderson.
I think Washington tries to keep Grubauer if they were looking at paying 2.5 or more for a goalie.
Winnipeg wound have a difficult time moving in Anderson at 2.5 or more.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not too many teams need a quasi starter right now. And the ones that might need one could sign Mason or Lehtonen.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
For trade Anderson you will include another guys like that Anderson + Stone vs Steen + Allen

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
The 2-year term makes things a little tricky, which is why I don't think Winnipeg or Buffalo would trade for Andy, since Comrie (next year) and Ullmark (this year) will be waiver-eligible.

If Corey Crawford's vertigo is career-threatening, maybe the Hawks could be a good fit but that's a big decision to make on Crawford.

I can think of two potential spots that could work, but Ottawa would have to take a goalie on an expiring contract (with maybe a mid-round pick) in return:

PHILADELPHIA (for Neuvirth)
Next summer, Provorov/Konecny/Simmonds need new deals, but Lehtera comes off the books and they can always buyout MacDonald if they need more space. Could be a solid tandem with Anderson and Elliott. Saves OTT $3M in salary.

COLORADO (for Varlamov)
Next summer, Kerfoot/Compher/Rantanen/Zadorov need new deals, but Wilson comes off the books. Anderson would help in case Grubauer isn't able to handle the full #1 workload. Salary is identical, but adds $1.15M to OTT's cap.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
a 37 year old coming off his worst season of his career, and one of the worst goalies last year (48th in save%, 48th in GAA) signed for 2 more years at 4.75M?

Significant negative value until he proves last season was an aberration.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What team would be suitable for him. I would think a team that needs a part-time starter that can play over fifty games if needed or less. Islanders would be my bet, although Buffalo or St. Louis should take a good look at bringing him on.

Would love to have him on the Jets.

Why do you want a backup making 5.5 in actual dollars next year? Just sign Lehtonen for cheap.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
The 2-year term makes things a little tricky, which is why I don't think Winnipeg or Buffalo would trade for Andy, since Comrie (next year) and Ullmark (this year) will be waiver-eligible.

If Corey Crawford's vertigo is career-threatening, maybe the Hawks could be a good fit but that's a big decision to make on Crawford.

I can think of two potential spots that could work, but Ottawa would have to take a goalie on an expiring contract (with maybe a mid-round pick) in return:

PHILADELPHIA (for Neuvirth)
Next summer, Provorov/Konecny/Simmonds need new deals, but Lehtera comes off the books and they can always buyout MacDonald if they need more space. Could be a solid tandem with Anderson and Elliott. Saves OTT $3M in salary.

COLORADO (for Varlamov)
Next summer, Kerfoot/Compher/Rantanen/Zadorov need new deals, but Wilson comes off the books. Anderson would help in case Grubauer isn't able to handle the full #1 workload. Salary is identical, but adds $1.15M to OTT's cap.

As an Avs fan Anderson makes no sense, in a trade with Colorado. First off you’d be getting a better younger goalie and secondly it brings someone in who already said he didn’t want to be here previously. As far as cap goes; Varly comes off the books next year with Wilson and we are already swimming in cap space so we will have no problem re-signing our RFA’s to deals.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Anderson goes to the first “contender” with a major injury in net is stays in Ottawa. The Crawford take above is interesting as well.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Doesn't he alternate between good and bad seasons? This season is his good year.
He is prone to significant differences year to year but usually alternates between decent and very good. Last season though was downright dismal, so that combined with his age suggests cause for concern in would be trade partners.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The only team that makes any sense is Philly, and that's likely only if they start the year on a slide and Hextall needs to make a move.

I still think the Islanders would do something around Greiss and Anderson, but I don't think it's something the Senators are interested in.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Which team has a player on LTIR AND needs a goalie?

I know it doesn't answer your question, but something around Hossa and Anderson (pre-Hossa trade to Arizona) could have made a ton of sense for both teams. Obviously that deal is all but dead with Ward going to Chicago though.

Reactions: tucker3434

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
A 37 year old coming off a sub .900 season, signed for 2 years?

Yeah no one's trading assets for that...without any additional incentive

This isn't to crap on Ottawa, but if I'm Anderson and I'm not traded, I'd rather retire than try to backstop that gong show for a couple years. It promises to be miserable, dramatic, and futile.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Lol at the notion of Anderson @ 50%

Melnyk would rather take a lesser return for karlsson as long as someone took the Ryan contract.

Ultimately cheap and will do anything to not eat dead money

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Lol at the notion of Anderson @ 50%

Melnyk would rather take a lesser return for karlsson as long as someone took the Ryan contract.

Ultimately cheap and will do anything to not eat dead money

They are retaining on Phaneuf right now. As long as a trade saves them money I'm not sure he cares about retention in the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad