Rumor: Craig Anderson: grumpy old man edition

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Is he ready though only 4 g played in the show.

Looked good in those games and has just gotten better since. I think he’ll battle it out with Pageau for those offensive minutes ES but on the PP he’s already a beast.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So was there a quote from his agent?

I read that he said that the rumor was not true?

Pageau is your second line center. You should be rebuilding

My favorite! Opposition fans coming in and trying to tell you what is happening with your team.

JG Pageau has ability and could fill the void on a short term period.

In 2015-16, Kyle Turris got injured on December 5th in game against the Islanders, it was called the "gumby incident" as his leg twisted severely but Turris looked like the elastic man out there. He kept playing for a while but he was totally ineffective so finally the Sens shut him down for the rest of the season in February (which should have been done earlier to be honest)

It gave him an opportunity to have more offensive responsibilities and play with Mark Stone. He was on a line with Zack Smith and Mark Stone. That trio was hot for a while and Smith ended up the season with 25 goals... From February to the end of the season, Pageau scored 8 goals, added 19 assists for 27 pts in 32 Games and was also +18. It was his first full NHL season and he was 23 y/o.

But it doesn't matter as the Sens have at least 4 Centers who are going to be better offensive players than him, it's just a matter of when. Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Filip Chlapik and Colin White.

As for your rebuild concern, as long as the core is Karlsson, Stone and Duchene, the team should NOT rebuild. Just have to surround them better and I think that this will happen with up and coming youngsters like Tkachuk, Chabot, Brown, Batherson, White, Chlapik, Formenton, Jaros, Wolanin, Bernard Docker, Tychonick, Gustavsson, etc.

If EK has to be traded, then it really depends on the return but if they get Theodore, Miller, a prospect and a pick, it wouldn't be the worst thing. They could have a better defense actually.

Reactions: Hutz and topshelf15

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
So was there a quote from his agent?

I read that he said that the rumor was not true?

My favorite! Opposition fans coming in and trying to tell you what is happening with your team.

JG Pageau has ability and could fill the void on a short term period.

In 2015-16, Kyle Turris got injured on December 5th in game against the Islanders, it was called the "gumby incident" as his leg twisted severely but Turris looked like the elastic man out there. He kept playing for a while but he was totally ineffective so finally the Sens shut him down for the rest of the season in February (which should have been done earlier to be honest)

It gave him an opportunity to have more offensive responsibilities and play with Mark Stone. He was on a line with Zack Smith and Mark Stone. That trio was hot for a while and Smith ended up the season with 25 goals... From February to the end of the season, Pageau scored 8 goals, added 19 assists for 27 pts in 32 Games and was also +18. It was his first full NHL season and he was 23 y/o.

But it doesn't matter as the Sens have at least 4 Centers who are going to be better offensive players than him, it's just a matter of when. Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Filip Chlapik and Colin White.

As for your rebuild concern, as long as the core is Karlsson, Stone and Duchene, the team should NOT rebuild. Just have to surround them better and I think that this will happen with up and coming youngsters like Tkachuk, Chabot, Brown, Batherson, White, Chlapik, Formenton, Jaros, Wolanin, Bernard Docker, Tychonick, Gustavsson, etc.

If EK has to be traded, then it really depends on the return but if they get Theodore, Miller, a prospect and a pick, it wouldn't be the worst thing. They could have a better defense actually.

You are living in imaginary island
"Pageau has ability and could fill the void on a short term period." Your quote ... a team full of cap dumps is not a push for the cup type of team. Rebuild with your young players. Dump your mistakes stop trading draft pics. Yes I am a jets fan but when your lineup is worse than buffalo you cant get your tires stuck in mud

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Isles still need a starter. I see them as the only real suitor for Anderson right now. If they do something else, too bad for Andy. He has a contract and he will honour it. The team can always try to move him during the season or next summer.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You are living in imaginary island
"Pageau has ability and could fill the void on a short term period." Your quote ... a team full of cap dumps is not a push for the cup type of team. Rebuild with your young players. Dump your mistakes stop trading draft pics. Yes I am a jets fan but when your lineup is worse than buffalo you cant get your tires stuck in mud

Wait, you are saying that I am "living in imaginary island" because I posted a FACT and you don't like it? Verify it for yourself :

Jean-Gabriel Pageau

And what the heck are you talking with the "push for the cup"? Obviously, the Sens are not trying to do that and nobody thinks that's the case. They tried last year, came close but now have to rise again after a really bad season. They have an already very strong prospect pool so "rebuilding with your young players" is already what they are doing as evidenced by the lack of UFA signings. Thank you

We're expecting Chabot, White, Wolanin, maybe also Tkachuk, Brown and Chlapik, etc to have a spot on the team. Look at the age of players under contract next year (forget Gaborik who probably won't be on the team). Right now, the 4 vets are Ryan (31), Smith (30), Pyatt (31) and Anderson (37), all the rest are and will be under 28 years old.

Dear Lord, some hockey fans are always pushing the limits. Your comment is so ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutz

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What drama is Andy referring to here?

Hoffman?

Karlsson trade rumours?

Certainly not the rumours about ownership, how could that have been a distraction to players in the off-season?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Hoffman?

Karlsson trade rumours?

Certainly not the rumours about ownership, how could that have been a distraction to players in the off-season?

Idk, #Melnykout was probably on the players radar this offseason, that's probably a distraction.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Hoffman?

Karlsson trade rumours?

Are you being sarcastic lol?

I don't think that you just woke up from a coma because you named all of our issues (with the exception of good old Randy and his debacle).

It's been a complete tire fire here in all regards, is what hes referring to.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Chris Stevenson was also wrong, added to the list.
What did Chris Stevenson say that was wrong? Anderson didn't deny having requested a trade, he just made it really clear that he has no interest in being around drama (the kind this offseason was rife with) but if that drama was in the past and the team has moved on from it, he want's to stay. To be completely frank, the interview comes of more as him confirming the rumours, not denying them.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
What did Chris Stevenson say that was wrong? Anderson didn't deny having requested a trade, he just made it really clear that he has no interest in being around drama (the kind this offseason was rife with) but if that drama was in the past and the team has moved on from it, he want's to stay. To be completely frank, the interview comes of more as him confirming the rumours, not denying them.
The tweets in the original post for this thread both say that he wanted out of here, asked for a trade etc but he denies it in the interview just posted.

Edit: From back in June

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Are you being sarcastic lol?

I don't think that you just woke up from a coma because you named all of our issues (with the exception of good old Randy and his debacle).

It's been a complete tire fire here in all regards, is what hes referring to.

It’s been a circus in here. But I was wondering what affects the players. Trying to sign and at the same time explore trades with your star player... that’s not too uncommon, yet we don’t hear other teams’ players say they want the drama on their teams over with.

So yeah, I’m surprised how much Melnyk’s situation affects the players.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The tweets in the original post for this thread both say that he wanted out of here, asked for a trade etc but he denies it in the interview just posted.

Edit: From back in June

Listen to the interview. He never denies it.

Reporter "is that still your mindset [wouldn't mind moving on, wanting out]?"
Anderson " I love Ottawa, I love playing in Ottawa and my only comment on that is I'm to old for drama, and I don't want anything to do with drama, hopefully we've resolved all that and Ottawa is, I've been there 8 years now and that's my home. I've got no interest in going anywhere else as long as we can clean up what was going on this summer"

That's not a denial. That's him being very clear he has no interest in sticking around if there's more of the circus, but acknowledging his preference is to stay if that's cleared up.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Listen to the interview. He never denies it.

That's not a denial. That's him being very clear he has no interest in sticking around if there's more of the circus, but acknowledging his preference is to stay if that's cleared up.
"i love ottawa i love playing for ottawa, ottawa is my home"

Drama in the dressing room was well known, I would imagine they have finished their best attempt at fixing it by now and if he's here for camp and to start the season, then he hasn't asked to be traded like they indicated.

He never gave any indication of not being interested in coming back, he just said he hopes the drama is gone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Drama in the dressing room was well known, I would imagine they have finished their best attempt at fixing it by now and if he's here for camp and to start the season, then he hasn't asked to be traded like they indicated.

I mean, the reporter outright stated as fact that he requested a trade in the lead question, if he had any intent to deny it, he would have just said, I never asked for a trade. this is my home, but instead he talks about no interest in drama.

If you want to beleive he never had any desire to get out or requested any trade, be my guest, but to suggest that Anderson denied the rumour that he requested a trade is outright false. He did no such thing despite the opportunity being teed up for him.

Reactions: Hutz

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm probably over-analyzing this (man, summer is too long!) but it sounds kinda like new drama over the summer.

I'll take a guess that means the odd 'will they stay or will they go' trade crapola after free agent day.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I mean, the reporter outright stated as fact that he requested a trade in the lead question, if he had any intent to deny it, he would have just said, I never asked for a trade. this is my home, but instead he talks about no interest in drama.

If you want to beleive he never had any desire to get out or requested any trade, be my guest, but to suggest that Anderson denied the rumour that he requested a trade is outright false. He did no such thing despite the opportunity being teed up for him.
He neither confirms nor denies it, but is the assumption being made here then, that he still wants to be traded because he doesn't want to be 'involved with drama.'? I thought we fixed that.

It seems like he's more anxious for the season to get started than anything, talking about playing as a team while acknowledging past drama with the team last year and this summer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He neither confirms nor denies it, but is the assumption being made here then, that he still wants to be traded because he doesn't want to be 'involved with drama.'? I thought we fixed that.

It seems like he's more anxious for the season to get started than anything, talking about playing as a team while acknowledging past drama with the team last year and this summer.

It seems to me like he's saying he thinks they've resolved it or at least that they can and are on the path to doing so, and as such he want's to stay.

I'm just not seeing how the interview gets Chris Stevenson on any list you have, which was my initial point.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Andy's agent likely poked around after talking to Andy, who was unhappy with the drama in the dressing room.

Word got out about the agent poking around and Chris took that as confirmation that a trade was requested.

We shouldn't be surprised that a reporter jumped the gun on a rumour. Their entire job centres around getting a snippet of information and turning it into a runaway train.

In the absence of Dorion or any players talking at all this summer, the mice will play, and play they did....

No surprised really, but also likely nothing big enough to sink teeth into.

Reactions: Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

He never gave any indication of not being interested in coming back, he just said he hopes the drama is gone.
You're searching to hard, it's quite obvious man

He's a 37 year old on a 2 year deal worth 9+ mill. It's unmovable, regardless of requesting a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad