Player Discussion Craig Anderson Appreciation Thread

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
giphy.gif

Go Andy!

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Are you guys worry about Anderson?

I don't what to bash on him. I know what he has done for us, this year and other year.

When he came back, he was on total fire, but since the Montréal games, he started to struggle on a nightly basis minus some games. He let weak goal almost everygame, his adventure outside of the net are outrageous. It's like he's unfocus.

The good side, is that he showed us the he can rebound from period to period because he did so in the playoff on most game. But it's still a concern for the next seasons. He's not young at all also.

What are the possibility, if they would think about replacing him? Bishop would cost a lot, moneywise. Is Fleury a possibility, unless they have a deal with Vegas, they need to trade him or Murray to not lose on of them. So what are the possibility?

I don't feel Condon can play the #1 role, but a very good #2.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Are you guys worry about Anderson?

I don't what to bash on him. I know what he has done for us, this year and other year.

When he came back, he was on total fire, but since the Montréal games, he started to struggle on a nightly basis minus some games. He let weak goal almost everygame, his adventure outside of the net are outrageous. It's like he's unfocus.

The good side, is that he showed us the he can rebound from period to period because he did so in the playoff on most game. But it's still a concern for the next seasons. He's not young at all also.

What are the possibility, if they would think about replacing him? Bishop would cost a lot, moneywise. Is Fleury a possibility, unless they have a deal with Vegas, they need to trade him or Murray to not lose on of them. So what are the possibility?

I don't feel Condon can play the #1 role, but a very good #2.

He gets wiggy in the playoffs and especially when we are getting dominated, he comes out of his net a lot. When we got swept by Pitt, he was keeping us in a game single handedly and then he decided to be Erik Karlsson and Craig Anderson at the same time and Sid buried one on an Andy give away, the team collapsed after that.

These give away goals don;t effect the team as much as they effect Andy. He's not on his game when he's doing it, it shows he's doing to much or the game is moving to fast for him to read, and it usually only happens when we are getting spanked like last night.

Am I worried, no way. He'll come out and outplay Lunqvist in Game 4.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
There are not many goalies playing the puck behind the net worse than Anderson, but Condon is one of them.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There are not many goalies playing the puck behind the net worse than Anderson, but Condon is one of them.

:laugh: good point. Andy bounced back vs Boston after a couple questionable games .. He has it in him. Let's hope he gives us a great performance tomorrow

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What is that? 4 goals caused in the playoffs because of him wandering or getting lost behind the net?

He must rebound in game 5 we can't allow NYR to gain momentum off weak goals, goaltending must be a strength for us in all series and in almost every game.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I feel like this off-season Andy needs to work on playing the puck.

And until then he needs to stop. Ottawa wasn't the better team, but Andy wasn't helping either

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If they were going to lose, losing in a blowout and being dominated will get their attention, and especially Andy's. He always bounces back well, I expect this to be his worst game of the playoffs and it came at the perfect time, they were going to lose a game this series, and this is the way to do it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I remember 3?

Last night, game 2 VS the Rangers in OT where Turris saved him and the play where he came out to play the puck on the power play where Boston scored shorthanded and Karlsson ripped Brass.

How about all the times where he gives it away when our d is back and they get hemmed in and it changes the momentum in the game. He did it on the second shift last night resulted in a fleury of chances. Its ridiculous.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I remember 3?

Last night, game 2 VS the Rangers in OT where Turris saved him and the play where he came out to play the puck on the power play where Boston scored shorthanded and Karlsson ripped Brass.

The game 2 play, quite obviously, didn't result in a goal.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
He also did it in a game vs philly down the stretch that was near a must win game. That said he's still a beast and without him there's no way we win game 2 this series or game 6 vs boston.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
The fact is that the best of Anderson is most likely behind him. As a bit of an unorthodox goalie, Anderson's decline will be faster than most positional goalie in this league. Andy relies on reflexes and athleticism rather than perfect and sound positioning.

Unfortunately, I think we are seeing this now and will see it even more next year.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
He also did it in a game vs philly down the stretch that was near a must win game. That said he's still a beast and without him there's no way we win game 2 this series or game 6 vs boston.

When he is on his game, he is fabulous. Most of the time, he rebound after bad game.

But it look to me he has to rebound a lot period by period because he play very bad.

He will play bad for 2 period, than he turn it on for the 3rd and we come back. Kudo to him for being able to put thing behind him. But we need him to be good 3 period a game. I haven't said perfect, but good.

I think the Sens need to start looking for a new goalie, right now. It doesn't mean the have to make a trade, but they need to start looking if they can bring someone on the cheap. Goalie value is that high anyway, on the market.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What is that? 4 goals caused in the playoffs because of him wandering or getting lost behind the net?

He must rebound in game 5 we can't allow NYR to gain momentum off weak goals, goaltending must be a strength for us in all series and in almost every game.

Let's play game 4 first? :naughty:

And I haven't seen many teams win games without solid goaltending. Even Pittsburgh and Nashville (probably the 2 finalists this year) need super strong goaltending to win. Teams are all way too close to each other for not having superb goaltending. Check out the Preds/Blues series. That's how good you need your goalie to be if you want to have a chance.

You mean the game where he gave up 3 weak goals and 5 in total?

The fact is that the best of Anderson is most likely behind him. As a bit of an unorthodox goalie, Anderson's decline will be faster than most positional goalie in this league. Andy relies on reflexes and athleticism rather than perfect and sound positioning.

Unfortunately, I think we are seeing this now and will see it even more next year.

I don't think it has anything to do with reflexes or athleticism. Those mistakes are mental lapses and loss of focus. Andy went through a lot this year and it probably affects him. The game is very mental for a goalie.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
He's easily the best goalie this franchise has ever had, would others agree?

Better than;

Lalime
Tugnutt
Rhodes
Gerber
Emery
Leclaire
Hasek *

?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad