Player Discussion Craig Anderson Appreciation Thread

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He cost us a better pick though.

:laugh:I see what you did there.

Funny enough, the player we allegedly missed out on by obtaining Andy, Landeskog, is having a so-so year on one of the worst teams in years in the NHL and is on the trading block.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Anderson played Big League on Saturday, and with the Habs loss last night, Ottawa now has the best record in the division.

C4jUhLnXUAA32as.jpg:large

Sens have five games in hand on both the Bruins and Habs, who (I think) are on their respect "five days off" and the Bruins right now have 5 more losses than the Sens, so any wins while making up those five games should be enough to keep the Bruins behind the Sens in the Standings ..........and the Habs have only 2 more wins than the Sens do at this time ........... so the next few games will go along way to cement the Senators playoff aspirations.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'll be surprised if Anderson doesn't win the Masterton. Can't think of anyone else who would be more deserving. I still have the Edmonton shutout on my PVR ... was one of the more special Sens games I've ever watched.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I'll be surprised if Anderson doesn't win the Masterton. Can't think of anyone else who would be more deserving. I still have the Edmonton shutout on my PVR ... was one of the more special Sens games I've ever watched.

I was at that game... what a terrific moment for a Sens fan. Many Oilers fans understood the gravity of the moment and gave a nice ovation. Wish I knew how to attach the video!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I was at that game... what a terrific moment for a Sens fan. Many Oilers fans understood the gravity of the moment and gave a nice ovation. Wish I knew how to attach the video!

Probably my favourite regular season game of the last few years only behind the one during the Hamburglar run where the Sens came back from an 3-0 deficit to beat the Penguins in OT.

The tension leading to the shutout was unreal. Really emotional game.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Does he have the image of the Stanley Cup formed in between the curves of the centurion helmets on the top of his cage? I never noticed before, but thats really cool.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone catch Suntroll Doni B's little shot at Andy over the weekend in one of his columns? Not going to link to it because the guy is a clown but essentially was giving it a bit to Andy for not being extremely open about his personal situation with his wife to the media.

Tweeted it at the local TSN guys to see if they could ask him about it next time he is on the radio as it seemed in really poor form.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Masterton is very likely.

Dominic Moore won it a few years ago for a very similar reason:

"18-month leave of absence from the league in the spring of 2012 to care for his wife, Katie, following her diagnosis with a rare form of liver cancer."

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anyone catch Suntroll Doni B's little shot at Andy over the weekend in one of his columns? Not going to link to it because the guy is a clown but essentially was giving it a bit to Andy for not being extremely open about his personal situation with his wife to the media.

Tweeted it at the local TSN guys to see if they could ask him about it next time he is on the radio as it seemed in really poor form.

Wasn't he also upset he didn't get to interview Karlsson and ask about his divorce? He's paid to cover the Senators. Why does he think their personal lives are his business?

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere

Random question but does Bruce Garrioch work for the Citizen now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad