Speculation: Cracknell & Terry 2018-19

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Curious what Bergevin ends up doing with our AHL veterans Chris Terry and Adam Cracknell for next season as they'll both be UFA's this summer.

Terry (29) has put up 30 goals, 38 assists, and 68 points in 59 games.
Cracknell (32) has put up 26 goals, 19 assists, and 45 points in 51 games with Laval.

I'm guessing neither really fit into the Habs plans other than veteran leadership on the farm and helping Laval have some success. Also a nice luxury if you need to call up a vet at some point in the season (i.e. Byron Froese).

Guessing if you sign them to two year one way contract at around $675,000 they should be able to get through waivers in the Fall. Are they worth the cap hit and 2 of our 50 contracts? We all want to see Laval succeed and I'm pretty sure the team needs a sprinkling of vets like these guys.

Note: Matt Taormina is the same type of player but he's signed for next year.
Note: Eric Gelinas is another example but even better because he signed directly with Laval

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope Terry is back but would be surprised as he can make more money in the Euro leagues if he wants. Granted maybe the Habs will just pay up and give him say 1M to play in Laval. They sorely need him as he's one of the best players in the AHL.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Taormina and Froese still under contract next year, I would like to see Cracknell and Terry back. They'd be real good veterans to provide leadership for the next wave of prospects who will begin their AHL careers next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad