CP: Hawks to take either Turris, Kane or Van Riemsdyk at No. 1

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yea.....Staal played on a team that had the best center in the NHL to run out against the good players and Jordan played limited minutes.

That's a lot different then expecting Toews to play 12-15 minutes a night against the likes of Zetterberg/Sakic/Thornton/Iginla all season.

Excuse me? Staal is a better defensive player than Crosby. He didn't play a John Madden-esque role where he was consistently shadowing the other team's top forward but he didn't play against fourth line scrubs either. He was an absolute force on the PK and not just because of all his SHG's.

Snowhawk

Dec 22, 2006
Ontario
Chicago will pick Kane...we need offensive help next season we cant wait for Turris

I don't think you can draft with looking at the impact the player will have the next season only. You have to try and project which player will be the best 3, 5, 7 years down the road. Will kane have the biggest impact next season? Quite possibly, but who will turn out to be the best pro? In my opinion that is Turris. I think he brings a more complete skill set and frame that with proper nutrition and work out regimen will fill out to be about 6'1 and 190-195 pounds.

If the Hawks could swap picks with the Flyers and get a little something thrown in (ie. a 2nd or 3rd) I say go for it, but I think the Flyers will steal Turris out from under their nose!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->