Pre-Game Talk: COYOTES VS BLUES - 11/12 on NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Honestly haven't seen anything from the Coyotes aside from Mike Smith's goal.

Instinctively, I feel like the Blues are a better team, but I don't really have anything to back that up with w/o having watched Phoenix play.

illninofan*

Meh, won't be that scary for you guys if we're taking dumb penalties and taking entire periods off.

But if we're playing a full, clean 60 minutes like we did last game, however:

bd4.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not to disrespect the Coyotes as they are a good team and Tippett is a really good coach, one of the best in the NHL, IMO.

However, I feel like they play a very similar game to us, just with worse players (especially up front). Their offense is not scary.

Should be a good, close game though. But on home ice I'm pretty confident in the Blues.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Not to disrespect the Coyotes as they are a good team and Tippett is a really good coach, one of the best in the NHL, IMO.

However, I feel like they play a very similar game to us, just with worse players (especially up front). Their offense is not scary.

Should be a good, close game though. But on home ice I'm pretty confident in the Blues.

Haven't had trouble at all scoring though. Should be a good game for sure. Haven't seen enough if Phoenix to really pass judgement but they are hot right now for sure

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm more concerned about getting the 2 points from this game than from the Colorado game. Phoenix is playing very very well right now, even if the national media aren't noticing.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I haven't seen enough from the Yotes to know for sure how it will go. I do like that we will be at home as I know Phoenix is a dangerous team.

Should be a good game.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm more concerned about getting the 2 points from this game than from the Colorado game. Phoenix is playing very very well right now, even if the national media aren't noticing.
Colorado has the best record in the league.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Too much talk about how they got up for The Pens, and that game had a playoff feel.

A team that's not focused and mature about their effort, could easily have a let down.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If the Blues put out the effort they brought against the Pens they'll win both games. Phoenix and Colorado are good but all effort being equal I think the Blues are subjectively the superior club. No doubt both opponents know playing in St. Louis so I expect two hard fought games (unless the Blues benefit from puck luck and put it away early). If the Blues take a period off this week, they'll have trouble.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden

Absolutely agree that this game will be the tougher matchup. Wouldn't be the first to underestimate Colorado, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->