Confirmed with Link: Coyotes training camp Sept. 12th - It’s the Premium Countdown.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Y'all are acting like he's out for the season.
Day-to-day means “entire season”. It always has with Raanta. It goes “day-to-day” until day 13 then they degrade it to “week to week” until day 27 then they degrade it to “month to month” until day 59 then they say “season ending”. It’s how it works.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Day-to-day means “entire season”. It always has with Raanta. It goes “day-to-day” until day 13 then they degrade it to “week to week” until day 27 then they degrade it to “month to month” until day 59 then they say “season ending”. It’s how it works.

1xofnf.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Okay, crow-eating time for yours truly. I was a big booster for Raanta when we acquired him, and I still like his talent... but the guy is as brittle as Hanzal was.

I don't think crow eating is needed. There were zero indications he was this fragile prior to trading for him.
We had nobody ready in the pipeline at the time and the purge was the purge, Raanta was the best available.

Now as for when Chayka extended him, well one would hope our ENT or whatever doctor we send people to these days could figure out if his injuries were chronic or not but who knows around here.

Y'all are acting like he's out for the season.

That's basically what happened last year though. Honestly Craig Morgan could probably copy/paste his articles and change some dates.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hello, how has Kessel looked? point total prediction from you guys for this season?

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Chychrun needs to because he’s getting paid to but he hasn’t actually shown that he can do it regularly yet. Also what happens if you move Goose and then Chychrun gets hurt? Capo isn’t capable of playing above third pair.

I don’t think Soderstrom is in the same conversation as Goligoski. His battle is with Oesterle for the 3RD behind Hammer and Goose.

I think Goligoski will be moved at some point before next season but not just yet.

Reactions: Jakey53

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Chychrun needs to because he’s getting paid to but he hasn’t actually shown that he can do it regularly yet. Also what happens if you move Goose and then Chychrun gets hurt? Capo isn’t capable of playing above third pair.

I don’t think Soderstrom is in the same conversation as Goligoski. His battle is with Oesterle for the 3RD behind Hammer and Goose.

I think Goligoski will be moved at some point before next season but not just yet.
I'm not sure any of them are amazing top 4 options, I just think they're not worse than goose. Even with an injury to Chychrun there's oesterle and bush in the mix. I'm more confident in one of the bunch being able to play top 4 minutes, or being able to split top 4 minutes, than I am in goose bouncing back at this point.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don’t see it. Yes, Goligoski comes with his flaws but he’s a safe bet for 30 points and he can eat 20 minutes. He was underrated last season where he was just outside the top 10 league wide in blocked shots. We also need him for the second power play unit.

Oesterle is only a couple years removed from not being able to make Edmonton’s defense. I like him but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is this year’s Connauton.

Bush should only really play when we need a physical presence.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don’t see it. Yes, Goligoski comes with his flaws but he’s a safe bet for 30 points and he can eat 20 minutes. He was underrated last season where he was just outside the top 10 league wide in blocked shots. We also need him for the second power play unit.

Oesterle is only a couple years removed from not being able to make Edmonton’s defense. I like him but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is this year’s Connauton.

Bush should only really play when we need a physical presence.
I agree. I have been a big supporter of Gogo, but with his play the first part of last year, and then his cry baby excuse put a damper on me trusting him in the future. I think we will keep him this year and see how things are going and his contract will make it hard to move him. He probably is worth more to the Yotes than other teams, as hard as that is to say. Hope Chick really can step it up this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski has looked like complete dog turds to start every single season he’s played as a Coyote. This isn’t new. He doesn’t prepare. If he manages not to get injured, he’ll show up around thanksgiving. Demers is the same way. Unfortunately because they show up without being ready to go, they’re also quite susceptible to injury. Which pushes back their timeline of actually being useful much further.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Maybe trading Reider for Kuemper was done after realizing just how much Raanta could be in and out of the lineup :dunno:

Honestly, Kuemper played in 55 games last year and went 27-20-8. If I have a choice, I keep Kuemper as our long-term goalie. Despite being one year younger, Kuemper has started about 20 more games than Raanta. That should also say something that we are not talking about giving up on an elite player in Raanta, rather that Raanta just hasn't been able to put together quality games due to injury.

Raanta will be a UFA when the expansion draft rolls around. I was hoping that expansion would take place this offseason, because exposing Raanta and sending Seattle a 6th or 7th to get them to take him would be huge. Even then, we can still give them a low-end pick and have them take Raanta. I can't imagine that a guy who is injured as much as he is will break Seattle's cap. Maybe they get him to a 2 year deal for $2.0 - 3.0 M AAV as a backup. If he is hurt or doesn't look good, Seattle only signed him for 2 years to a contract that isn't horrible.

But yeah, if we are giving somewhere between $3.5 - 5.5 M for a goalie in the near future, I would sign up for Kuemper about 80% of the time.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Bunting did everything we asked of him, we just don’t have a spot. A team like Ottawa really should put in a claim.

Chaput and Ness look like they could sub in for injuries. I don’t see anything in Fasching.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe trading Reider for Kuemper was done after realizing just how much Raanta could be in and out of the lineup :dunno:

Honestly, Kuemper played in 55 games last year and went 27-20-8. If I have a choice, I keep Kuemper as our long-term goalie. Despite being one year younger, Kuemper has started about 20 more games than Raanta. That should also say something that we are not talking about giving up on an elite player in Raanta, rather that Raanta just hasn't been able to put together quality games due to injury.

Raanta will be a UFA when the expansion draft rolls around. I was hoping that expansion would take place this offseason, because exposing Raanta and sending Seattle a 6th or 7th to get them to take him would be huge. Even then, we can still give them a low-end pick and have them take Raanta. I can't imagine that a guy who is injured as much as he is will break Seattle's cap. Maybe they get him to a 2 year deal for $2.0 - 3.0 M AAV as a backup. If he is hurt or doesn't look good, Seattle only signed him for 2 years to a contract that isn't horrible.

But yeah, if we are giving somewhere between $3.5 - 5.5 M for a goalie in the near future, I would sign up for Kuemper about 80% of the time.
I agree 100%. Extra points for brevity!:D

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Chaput and Ness look like they could sub in for injuries. I don’t see anything in Fasching.
I liked Fasching in the one game I caught him in. Had good size. Was good on the forecheck. Just made good decisions and made really simple plays. Created a few chances. Didn't expose himself by trying to do too much and make an impression. These guys aren't special, but I'm fine with him as a call up, and he should be good for Tucson again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->