Confirmed with Link: Coyotes training camp Sept. 12th - It’s the Premium Countdown.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Eh, maybe? I think "fear" is a strong term for losing a fourth lone energy guy. Nothing against Bunting, because I fully expect the coaching staff to dump Fischer, and Bunting or Chaput is probably the guy who takes his place.

Reactions: Mosby

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Okay, crow-eating time for yours truly. I was a big booster for Raanta when we acquired him, and I still like his talent... but the guy is as brittle as Hanzal was.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I said a long time ago Raanta was made of porcelain-glass (Porcelain and glass are fragile materials used to create beautiful designs). Need I say more??

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The optimism is running rampant with this group.

:sarcasm:

ukaXuWu.jpg

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
OK, as a "Raanta-defender" here, I kind of feel this is ominous. To hear he is century to century even before the season starts...

Man. It must be hard to a Raanta-man.

Last edited:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
lol @ Raanta. When he's healthy, he's a top 10 goalie in the league, but it would seem those healthy days are looooong gone. His injury last season started out as day-to-day, so be prepared.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Shoulda coulda woulda....

traded him this summer. :mad:

He's beloved in the room and one half of one of the best tandems in the league. I'm not in favor of dumping players that are good for the team after an injury. Value is really low at that point as well. May as well keep him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's beloved in the room and one half of one of the best tandems in the league. I'm not in favor of dumping players that are good for the team after an injury. Value is really low at that point as well. May as well keep him.
He's not one half of one of the best tandems if he doesn't play. This is a business, not a day care center. He might be beloved in the room but it doesn't help them win from the press box. In all honestly, we have no choice but to keep him.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Probably safe to say Raanta is not cut out for starting goalie gig, no way he can handle that level of workload without getting injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad