Confirmed with Link: Coyotes trade Strome and Perlini for Nick Schmaltz - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He's started the season off as Coyotes Strome instead of Chicago Strome. Hawks fans are less than impressed so far.
He has mostly not been on a line with Cat or Kane so far. I thought that propped up his numbers last year quite a bit, but its still early and you can't deny his 50+ points last year. Chicago's D is crappy, forwards aren't great on D either, aging team too.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He's started the season off as Coyotes Strome instead of Chicago Strome. Hawks fans are less than impressed so far.
If Dach becomes a full time NhL player this season does it push Strome to a bottom 6 role? R u rushing out to sign Strome to a 5+ year deal at over $6M per today?

Toews isn’t moving down in the lineup anytime soon. If Dach is the real deal it puts Bowman into moving a contract because I don’t see Strome taking less than Schmaltz.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Meanwhile, Nick Schmaltz leads the Coyotes in points.

upload_2019-10-22_9-57-34.png

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
38.98%EVKANE,PATRICK - SHAW,ANDREW - STROME,DYLAN
19.28%EVDEBRINCAT,ALEX - SHAW,ANDREW - STROME,DYLAN
15.25%PPDEBRINCAT,ALEX - KANE,PATRICK - STROME,DYLAN - TOEWS,JONATHAN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
You don't get those stats as a season ticket holder who watches all the games in person on the glass. You see different things there, peasant!

Reactions: CC96

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Cat has four points. Toews has two. Everyone except Kane is struggling to put up points right now. We're six games in to the season...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Why wouldn’t wouldn’t we have this discussion?

It’s like asking when we will finally give up talking about wins and losses.

I think it's perfectly fine so long as it doesn't veer back onto the tired tangent of whether we won or lost the trade, or whether we should have made it in the first place. Otherwise, it's a perfectly reasonable discussion.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
My takeaway is that with the way we have been forechecking and really hemming the D in their end of the ice, Schmaltz is a better fit for the system.

Reactions: Heldig and hbk

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You don't get those stats as a season ticket holder who watches all the games in person on the glass. You see different things there, peasant!
I haven't been in Chicago this season yet, so I haven't seen any Hawks games in person, haven't watched either. Stromes other 28% of ice time isn't with Cat/Kane if I read that chart correctly, Chicago board is saying he hasn't spent as much time with Cat this year.

I am glad schmaltz looks so good right now, makes this trade look less painful, verdict is still out on both, its early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad