Confirmed with Link: Coyotes trade Strome and Perlini for Nick Schmaltz - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Unless they find a management team that can fix it, we'll be stuck at the bottom of the standings every year. We have to draft and develop well to win.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t have a date for you bud, I’m just saying that aside from Turris, maybe, you can’t saying that players seem to “sour on the team.” There’s just no evidence to support it. If pressed for a date I would have to say the ever since Chayka has taken over as GM
Duclair asked for a trade. Publicly via his agent.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sorry, I missed Galchenyuk’s incredible effort level and two-way game. Haha. He’s as one dimensional as they come. He’s a streaky goal scorer. That’s it. Nothing else to this player.
Not entirely true. He's our key to obtaining Russian players in the future.

Reactions: kbay and rt

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Unless they find a management team that can fix it, we'll be stuck at the bottom of the standings every year. We have to draft and develop well to win.

This year has nothing to do with management and coaching and everything to do with injuries. The team would be coasting to the playoffs this year if healthy...coasting.

Reactions: kbay

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Sorry, I missed Galchenyuk’s incredible effort level and two-way game. Haha. He’s as one dimensional as they come. He’s a streaky goal scorer. That’s it. Nothing else to this player.

I'd still rather have him than not have him. If we lose Galchenyuk for nothing once his contract ends after next season. It'll make the trade sting all that much more. I'm not ready to give up on his potential.

Reactions: kbay

rt

May 13, 2004
And he came here from one doghouse to land in another.... then goes off to two more......

Duclair’s not a good example to use if you’re evaluating how he’s been handled.
We’ve had an overrepresentation of Top five picks moving on before they contribute to the team in a meaningful way. Obviously regimes have changed but seeing Wheeler being one of the most valuable overall wingers in the NHL, Turris being a top performer up-front for a premier team in Nashville and now Strome flirting with being a point-per-game center in Chicago does and should sting quite a bit. These don’t represent problems with drafting but rather with developing.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You've been desperate for top six scoring centers for decades. You draft another one #3 overall. You failed with the last one. How can you not do everything possible to make this guy succeed? How do you give up on the #3 overall AGAIN without at least trying him in the role he's played his whole life? Owner - Fail. GM - Fail. Coach - Fail...AGAIN! But just like in politics, the rich bastards sleep well every night while we, the little guys suffer their failures.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We’ve had an overrepresentation of Top five picks moving on before they contribute to the team in a meaningful way. Obviously regimes have changed but seeing Wheeler being one of the most valuable overall wingers in the NHL, Turris being a top performer up-front for a premier team in Nashville and now Strome flirting with being a point-per-game center in Chicago does and should sting quite a bit. These don’t represent problems with drafting but rather with developing.
Wheeler came out of nowhere. He was not good for a lot of years post draft.

rt

May 13, 2004
You've been desperate for top six scoring centers for decades. You draft another one #3 overall. You failed with the last one. How can you not do everything possible to make this guy succeed? How do you give up on the #3 overall AGAIN without at least trying him in the role he's played his whole life? Owner - Fail. GM - Fail. Coach - Fail...AGAIN! But just like in politics, the rich bastards sleep well every night while we, the little guys suffer their failures.
I’m definitely with some of this argument.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I liked him the whole time. You and I argued a lot about that back then. I watched Gophers games every year and loved Wheeler.
I just remember the Flames scout telling me he didn’t think he’d be an nhl player. This was 3 years after he was drafted.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This huge hole in the organization might be where Shane Doan could help. How about making him like a player liaison to management? He can be responsible for player satisfaction. If a player has questions about his role, he goes to Shane and he figures out what's going on and tries to work on a resolution. If the player needs help in certain areas, Shane gets him some one on one coaching. If we're f***ing up a prospects development, Shane gets with the coaches and management to figure out a way to fix it for both the organization and the player. Best thing about Shane is he wouldn't be intimidated by the GM or coach. If they are being morons, he wouldn't be afraid to tell them to stop f***ing with the kid and let him play. Conversely, if the prospection is being a diva, Shane has the resume to call him on his shit.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The way Arizona brought Dylan Strome along, it's like they planned on making picks in the top 5 of the draft into an annual tradition. Just gave up on that kind of player too easily. At least wait till after the ELC is complete to make a determination.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This huge hole in the organization might be where Shane Doan could help. How about making him like a player liaison to management? He can be responsible for player satisfaction. If a player has questions about his role, he goes to Shane and he figures out what's going on and tries to work on a resolution. If the player needs help in certain areas, Shane gets him some one on one coaching. If we're ****ing up a prospects development, Shane gets with the coaches and management to figure out a way to fix it for both the organization and the player. Best thing about Shane is he wouldn't be intimidated by the GM or coach. If they are being morons, he wouldn't be afraid to tell them to stop ****ing with the kid and let him play. Conversely, if the prospection is being a diva, Shane has the resume to call him on his ****.

Might just be easier to hire a GM and staff that isn't out of touch and in the habit of alienating players than to rely on an alumni guy to send the message back...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that the above posts nail just what has been wrong with the Coyotes since Gretzky. We've had no true, experienced GMs except for Maloney, and he didn't have a track record of success before joining the Coyotes. We need a GM who has a track record of success. That will turn around this team.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think that the above posts nail just what has been wrong with the Coyotes since Gretzky. We've had no true, experienced GMs except for Maloney, and he didn't have a track record of success before joining the Coyotes. We need a GM who has a track record of success. That will turn around this team.
Dean Lombardi come on down!!!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I was ****** with the trade the moment it happened and it is looking worse by the day. Terrible asset management by Chayka. The team desperately needed to ADD talent not trade arguably the most talented player on the roster.

Cant blame Chayka for Schmaltz getting injured but it was a dumb trade to make. And not long after the dumb Domi trade.

It is hard to be a Coyotes fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad