Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Trade Stepan to Ottawa for 2021 2nd Round Pick [from CBJ]

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
AA is exactly the type of player you need to keep away from Tocchet. He has zero interest in playing within a system and completely f***s up whatever line he is on matchup wise. You already have that problem with Kessel. Signing AA would be acceptable if Kessel is traded/waived/whatever, but BA should have nothing to do with him at the moment.

BA has managed to very carefully increase the team's edge 5v5. One bad fit can piss it all away.
Fair point. I was saying in another thread that I wish I could just switch out Kessel for Athanasiou.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
When we traded for Stepen I imagined him being a rah-rah leader with excellent 2 way play but also capable of being a contribute offensively, like he was in NY. Instead, we got bud light boy. 2nd round is a bonus to be rid of that contract.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
That JJW video is awesome and exactly what is missing from this trash team Chayka built. Go watch the final press conference after Colorado eliminated us. Watch how OEL and Stepan and Hjalmarsson conduct themselves. It’s pathetic.

As soon as I finished watching that I shared it via text message with my friend and said "this is what the coyotes need".

Reactions: Sleestak Nation

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Nothing new here. Stepan has been out for over two years.:)
How long you been holding on to that one?
iu

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Sic transit and all of that. Sad for Stepan. He was a good player, and from what I can understand from thousands of miles away, a good guy.

I honestly expected him to be good for the Sens. He was in a contract year, he probably felt he could get another contract after this, and then he would have had to play well. But I guess this was it for him then.

Sad. Not happy, sad.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Here’s hoping Columbus picks 1st overall so we get pick #33. Basically as good as a super late first at that point.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Here’s hoping Columbus picks 1st overall so we get pick #33. Basically as good as a super late first at that point.
Winning the lottery is only good for the 1st round...it would not push all of Columbus' picks to the top of each round.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So, 36OA if nothing more happens. Will be presented as 37OA of course. No hope to reinstate the ordinary first, at least as a 32OA, so this CBJ-pick moves down to 37 for real?

Edit: I read somewhere they will make sure the bottom team from each division will pick first 4, randomized. Are you sure this will impact only the first round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad