Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Moving on then.

Make sure to suggest names to add for the next poll
Here's a handy list: Arizona Coyotes at eliteprospects.com

2018 Prospect Rankings

1 - Dylan Strome (47 votes - 83.9%)
2 - Barrett Hayton (29 votes - 61.7%)
3 - Pierre-Olivier Joseph (36 votes - 90%)
4 - Nick Merkley ( 28 votes - 63.6%)
5 - Kyle Capobianco (17 votes - 45.5%)
6 - Cam Dineen (14 votes - 32.6%)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's Bahl.

The Coyotes had him in the top 20 of this year's draft. That's high praise.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My dumb fingers pushed the wrong circle, so I voted for Jenik instead of Bahl. He's my second choice anyway, so meh.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
My current wildcard - Steenbergen. A pure sniper with under rated overall game. Late bloomer.

Reactions: hbk

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Between Jenik and Steenbergen for me.

I’d never vote for a goalie prospect. They’re all totally worthless. We’ve never had one that’s ever meant anything to us. Every goalie prospect we’ve ever drafted has always been trash. It’s dumb to draft any goalie in any round.

The cream rises to the top around 7 years post draft. Just pick up whoever is laying around then. Adin Hill will probably bust. Every goalie we’ve got in the system will probably bust. Goalie prospects are worthless. It’s foolish to have any at all.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My current wildcard - Steenbergen. A pure sniper with under rated overall game. Late bloomer.

Guys that light up the WHL that amount to nothing even at the AHL level are common. Not saying that's his fate but his game needs to translate before placing him higher IMO.

I like Jenik as well, but he's after Bahl. They couldn't pass up Bahl at the spot where they took him per the Coyotes, but they also considered taking Jenik in that spot. Compliment to both players.

Hill is just a run of the mill goalie prospect with size.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I’d never vote for a goalie prospect. They’re all totally worthless. We’ve never had one that’s ever meant anything to us. Every goalie prospect we’ve ever drafted has always been trash. It’s dumb to draft any goalie in any round.

The cream rises to the top around 7 years post draft. Just pick up whoever is laying around then. Adin Hill will probably bust. Every goalie we’ve got in the system will probably bust. Goalie prospects are worthless. It’s foolish to have any at all.

Bring me a cup of this. Only make mine decaf.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I went Bahl cause he's Bahl-in. I jest... I just feel like the Yotes had a reason for their high opinion of him and that with his incredible size and position he has a possibility to be pretty solid. Compared to the others on this list, if he can just be even only a good defensive player without numbers, that's likely more impact than a 3rd liner or maybe even 2nd.

I would vote Hill but I just can't for goalies either. Just too much of a crap shoot for me to put any faith in.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Steenbergen this year. Hopefully Bahl skyrockets up my list next season but I havent seen much besides a giant tool set. Love how much our front office wanted him, but we took Westlund in the 2nd as well so... Hope he can start figuring out how to use his body more to be a complete player, or he may have wished he played a different sport.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013

WOW, I wish you'd tell us how you really feel about drafting goalies... :vhappy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad