Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospects 2017 - #8

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not much consensus on the last poll but Hickey squeaked out a win. Not worth doing a run off on this lower ranks so we move on to #8.

Make sure to suggest names to add for the next poll

2016 Prospect Rankings
#1 - Clayton Keller (46 votes - 60.53%)
#2 - Dylan Strome (default)
#3 - Christian Fischer (52 votes - 92.86%
#4 - Kyle Wood (33 votes - 47.14%)
#5 - Pierre-Olivier Joseph ( 36 votes - 78.26%)
#6 - Nick Merkley (21 votes - 51.2%)
#7 - Brandon Hickey (12 votes - 27.9%)

For the record I'm using HF's criteria for the poll
*I made an executive decision to exclude Perlini, he was short a few games.

ctwin22's list of Coyotes prospects

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Voted Entwistle again. I really hope they can sign Hickey, because the defense corps is awfully thin.

Nominate Pederson.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
People are voting for Entwistle over Westerlund? Talk all you want about points, but taking a forward who put up average totals for his age group in a typical league vs. a defenseman who played his hockey for one of the top teams in a league that's third best in the world? That's a head-scratcher.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Still going with Hill, since he has a higher chance of getting regular NHL duty (perhaps as a back-up) over some of the others (and sooner). I guess Capo would be my alternate if (like it seems) we're focusing only on skaters.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Second year as a pro, I think MacInnis starts bossing Tuxon and gets a short stint in the NHL.

He's never impressed me. I'd love it, but ever since we've drafted him, even though he was a project pick, he's looked less talented and less likely to crack it than other guys.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Still going with Hill, since he has a higher chance of getting regular NHL duty (perhaps as a back-up) over some of the others (and sooner). I guess Capo would be my alternate if (like it seems) we're focusing only on skaters.

I'm with this. Been voting Hill for a few rounds because of it. I think he's got fringe starter potential

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Second year as a pro, I think MacInnis starts bossing Tuxon and gets a short stint in the NHL.

He's never impressed me. I'd love it, but ever since we've drafted him, even though he was a project pick, he's looked less talented and less likely to crack it than other guys.

I really like MacInnis. He is the forgotten man here, and he could be our next Hanzal.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
For me Dineen has the higher potential to really be something. I think Entwistle will probably be a bottom 6 guy, though he likely has the highest chance at making the NHL of all the prospects that are left.
Capobianco i've been a big fan for years, but i cant see him having the potential to be an impactful player in the NHL
If i had to vote between the three id take the homerun swing with Dineen. Entwistle would be my second pick though

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm a little down on him after his first year in Tucson. Expected a bit more offense. Have him outside the top 10 now.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Everything is perfectly set up for Ryan MacInnis to have a breakout season, he wont get a better chance than this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad