Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospects 2017 - #7 (2nd attempt vote again)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Time for the also-rans.

Make sure to suggest names to add for the next poll

2016 Prospect Rankings
#1 - Clayton Keller (46 votes - 60.53%)
#2 - Dylan Strome (default)
#3 - Christian Fischer (52 votes - 92.86%
#4 - Kyle Wood (33 votes - 47.14%)
#5 - Pierre-Olivier Joseph ( 36 votes - 78.26%)
#6 - Nick Merkley (21 votes - 51.2%)

For the record I'm using HF's criteria for the poll
*I made an executive decision to exclude Perlini, he was short a few games.

ctwin22's list of Coyotes prospects

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Pasted from the other thread.

Capobianco. He's looked very steady at every camp. I doubt he has top pairing potential, but could be a good 2nd or 3rd pairing guy.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
BTW I was like 99% sure I was going to copy/paste Merkley in again :laugh:

I agree with what Pho said about Entwistle which is why I added him unsuggested :P. But I'm taking him at #8. I like Hickey as sort of a Schlemko type who just is always sort of there yet before you know it ends up playing almost 400 games and counting. I consider that relatively valuable on the defensive end. Too bad he's probably going UFA.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't think Hickey will sign here either, but he was one of the standouts of the scrimmage at the Den. I'd give him the slight edge over Capobianco.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Voted Entwistle again here. Hickey is the only one on the same plane in terms of upside, but his potential contract issues made me drop him slightly. I think he'll be a good player and hope the Coyotes can use their extended negotiation window to their advantage, but he has no real reason to sign here.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I went with Hickey. I ignored signability for now. I think we may offer Hickey a decent path to NHL.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
If we did find a way to persuade Hickey to stay, I like our D next season...

OEL - Hjam
Chychrun - Gogo
Hickey - Wood
Clendening

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Went with Hill here, since he probably has a better chance at NHL play than some of the others remaining

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Voted Entwistle again here. Hickey is the only one on the same plane in terms of upside, but his potential contract issues made me drop him slightly. I think he'll be a good player and hope the Coyotes can use their extended negotiation window to their advantage, but he has no real reason to sign here.

I somewhat agree with this. But I don't believe we agreed to accept Hickey without knowing we had some chance of signing him.

Entwistle is my next pick after Hickey. Garland doesn't belong on here. Add Lane Pederson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->