Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospects 2017 - #1 (Poll closes @ 6PM}

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
You're always surprised by the vote count ;)

We do have some part-time posters who should post more though :P

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Some of us tend to lurk, I only post when I feel like Ill have time to have a discussion on the topic. Not a huge fan of posting about something 5 hours later haha.

I voted Strome, though it could easily be Keller, and that goes against my gut feeling that Strome will be a 2nd liner.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is still significantly closer than I thought it would be. I was thinking like 80% Keller.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Is it bad that neither Strome nor Keller excite me very much? Maybe I'm just being a downer, but I don't think Strome can skate well enough, and players of Keller's size struggle unless they're a very very special player. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not salivating over either.

Either way, I went with Keller. Strome's skating is atrocious, and Keller is fun as **** to watch. IMO, Strome is going to be an alright player, but Keller has both a higher ceiling and lower floor.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I lurk. If I'm being honest I don't always think I know what I'm talking about, especially when it comes to the strategy and X's and O's of hockey. But I enjoy reading a lot of the debate here cause there's a lot of intelligent hockey fans here.

Went with Strome over Keller because I think Strome's success is much more vital to our future success than Keller's is. That doesn't mean that Keller couldn't end up being better than Strome, but I think Strome is our most important prospect, and therefor #1. Don't blame anyone for picking Keller however because I think he has a higher ceiling.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Don't blame anyone for picking Keller however because I think he has a higher ceiling.

As special as Keller's production has been, Strome has been equally impressive. The cohort he belongs to in terms of size and production is pretty elite. If everything goes right with Strome, he'll be the better player and more valuable. I don't really contest that Keller seems more likely at this point in time to reach his potential. Both now have a realistic shot at panning out now that Tippett is gone.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I voted Strome. I feel he was a bit humbled after last years training camp and came to camp feeling entitled and we all know what happened after that. Since Keller is our new shiny toy, we sometimes forget what Strome has done. I hope they push each other to great heights.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
To me, Strome is unequivocally the most important prospect in the system. If the man is properly developed he's a #1 Star Center in the making. If it doesn't, we're out a potential #1 center man.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I voted Strome. I feel he was a bit humbled after last years training camp and came to camp feeling entitled and we all know what happened after that. Since Keller is our new shiny toy, we sometimes forget what Strome has done. I hope they push each other to great heights.

Yep, I remember when Domi got sent back a second time how much more mature he was in Juniors and how explosive he looked at wjc. My gut says Strome is ready and is going to turn heads. If he shows that he can reach hos ceiling he will be our most important forward. Keller is our insurance, and we will need to focus on building a roster more similar to Calgary or Minnesota than SJ.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I think some of you are under selling Keller. The reason Strome may end up being the more important player is due to his size. A highly skilled big guy at center is what everyone covets. However, in terms of raw skill, Keller is better at pretty much everything besides shooting. To say Keller is our insurance if Strome doesn't work out is a little misguided.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I went with Strome because I figured the poll was for right now (meaning the upcoming season). I think Strome is closer to ready for NHL duty than Keller is, but as mentioned in other threads, we're limited in his NHL experience. Admittedly, Strome only has roughly twice as many NHL starts as Keller, so I think they are both close; I just feel Keller needs a bit more bulking up before getting regular NHL ice-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad