Confirmed with Link: Coyotes @ the WJC - Barrett Hayton makes team Canada

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I did not like that he was traded. He is a definite NHLer. Hinostroza has more offensive upside I suppose.
6’5” RW/C though. I still believe this team needs size. Regardless he’s still 3 years away.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. We needed Hino NOW for our playoff run. :sarcasm:
Both are bottom 6 players. Just one is already here. I get Chayka’s train of thought on this trade; especially given that they also received Osterle. I just spent a week watching Entwhistle at the Memorial Cup so wasn’t happy to see him moved.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I've loved Entwistle's effort level since he lead Canada in U18 scoring before his draft. As I've followed him since then I've realized that his puck skill just isn't enough to allow him to be a difference maker in the NHL. He's in his d+2 season and he's not quite a pt/gm. He might follow a career trajectory of Martinook for example. I hope the best for him but I'm happy Vinnistroza is a Coyote.

Reactions: MIG

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ty Smith looks like Christoph Waltz minus 40 years.

christoph-waltz-435-5.jpg

Reactions: Lawson of Anarchy

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
with one point on the season.

Looks like he's been playing in the top league full time this year? Maybe just having a tough transition with steeply increased competition.
He'd probably be better off in a pro league yet still a somewhat development focused one like the AHL.
When OEL played in Sweden he didn't even play in the SHL.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Looks like he's been playing in the top league full time this year? Maybe just having a tough transition with steeply increased competition.
He'd probably be better off in a pro league yet still a somewhat development focused one like the AHL.
When OEL played in Sweden he didn't even play in the SHL.
Second assists are tossed around like candy in North America. Not as common overseas.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Go fishing in Sooke or the island if you have the chance, yes there probably is still fishing going on at this time.
A bit of a jaunt to cross the strait to the island but If you are going to Sooke you have to eat at the Sooke Harbour House. Pioneers of "west coast cuisine" and farm to table dining.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
A bit of a jaunt to cross the strait to the island but If you are going to Sooke you have to eat at the Sooke Harbour House. Pioneers of "west coast cuisine" and farm to table dining.

Some of the games are on the island aren't they?

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I think 2 of the quarter finals are still in Victoria but we only have tickets to the Vancouver games. Between all of those breweries and either 8 or 9 games in three days we likely won’t be doing much travelling or fishing. Not this trip anyway.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I see people scrambling to blame everyone and everything for Canada's failure. Hayton getting some blame, like people were expecting him to be an offensive powerhouse :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad