Prospect Info: Coyotes @ The WJC and General WJC 2018 Talk

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't know what Brady Tkachuk's draft stock is like. <sarcasm> Since we'll be picking 5th because we'll play well when it doesn't matter and end up finishing 30th place and have the lotteries for 1-3 won by teams above us </sarcasm> is he worth a look with the 5OA pick?

Reactions: doaner

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't know what Brady Tkachuk's draft stock is like. <sarcasm> Since we'll be picking 5th because we'll play well when it doesn't matter and end up finishing 30th place and have the lotteries for 1-3 won by teams above us </sarcasm> is he worth a look with the 5OA pick?
Yes. My only concern would be passing on Hughes in event OEL wants out.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
While it would be tough to get in much of a rhythm with only a few short shifts per period but Steenbergen doesn't seem to accomplish much at this level.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Steenburgen gets his first shift 6 minutes into the game. Clearly he is the 13th forward on team Canada. :(

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
He should have stayed in Swift Current and played some hockey.

That said when he does get out there he seldom seems to get in areas where he might be dangerous. Quite unimpressive.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hard to get in the flow of the game as the 13th forward playing 2 or 3 shifts a period. Pre game the coach talked about him as canadas best natural goal scorer but he sure is not being used that way.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hard to get in the flow of the game as the 13th forward playing 2 or 3 shifts a period. Pee game the coach talked about him as canadas best natural goal scorer but he sure is not being used that way.
You would think he would have been used in the shootout.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Also Makar has been getting the fewest minutes of any Canada dman despite playing better than any of the rest. Coaches do tend to get pre determined ideas stuck in their heads.

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I have actually liked steenburgens game. He is fast. He keeps his feet moving. He dashes into space. He is defensively responsible.

He has been a little unlucky this tournament and clearly is lacking chemistry with all the line switching, limited ice time etc. While he finally registered a point he has been involved in several goals.

Reactions: MIG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad