Prospect Info: Coyotes @ The WJC 2020

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I seem to recall OEL getting jerked around a bit at WCs and maybe the Olympics. And this was back when OEL was good so it wouldn't have been justified :laugh:

There's usually some sort of drama in these international tournament picks.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I seem to recall OEL getting jerked around a bit at WCs and maybe the Olympics. And this was back when OEL was good so it wouldn't have been justified :laugh:
Yes, Hedman not selected for the -14 Olympics, and OEL a couple WCs before that. Both players went on to have decent careers.

Söderströms team Brynäs is playing 4 games during the championship. Let's hope he tears the league apart those 4 games and that the Swedish national team really struggles this year.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Would like to thank xx and rt for their effort in making a logical defense against a rabid Sponge Bob avatar poster in the prospect forum who seems to think Soderstrom never had a chance to beat Osterle or Busch out of the 7th spot and that Goligoski is actually a RHD and always has been.

I don't recommend reading the main boards at all really. There's nothing there for small market fans. Just lots of weird ass people.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
“Victor Söderström was not on the initial roster for Sweden. He is still a possibility. Chayka said he suffered a minor injury recently and it was the Coyotes who pushed to hold him out extra time to make sure he was healthy.”

Neutral Zone: Examining the Coyotes’ place in the Taylor... Neutral Zone: Examining the Coyotes’ place in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes, Kessel’s return and more

Reactions: MIG

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
“Victor Söderström was not on the initial roster for Sweden. He is still a possibility. Chayka said he suffered a minor injury recently and it was the Coyotes who pushed to hold him out extra time to make sure he was healthy.”
Victor seems upset about not being selected, maybe he should direct his anger towards Chayka? It also seems strange that Montén (Team Sweden coach) doesn't point at Chayka and this injury when he's being questioned about the absence of Söderström.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Victor seems upset about not being selected, maybe he should direct his anger towards Chayka? It also seems strange that Montén (Team Sweden coach) doesn't point at Chayka and this injury when he's being questioned about the absence of Söderström.

If this is true, it's just a case of a national teams coach not wanting to tell if he has a good relationship with the NHLs GMs. It could be ok.

Admiral Swedge

Aug 11, 2018
Boqvist has been called up to the Blackhawks roster. Might be a blessing in disguise for Söderströms WJC chances.

Have to wonder if this actually leads to Söderström going whether he'll just get buried by the coach who's made it clear he isn't a fan.

Edit:
*DISCLAIMER* This is entirely based on hearsay from other threads on HF

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
McIsaac has played only a couple games this year as he is coming off a big injury. I know he was on the team last year but I’d be worried about putting him in a best on best competition this soon after injury. Especially when you have someone like Harley there who leads his team in scoring and can feed pucks to the forwards all day long.

I like Lavoie but if his motor isn’t going he is useless. Surprised Perfetti didn’t make it on his shootout abilities alone.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I love the fact that the Coyotes will have key players in for 4 out of 10 teams this year (5 if Söderström gets an invite). Hayton, Maccelli, Jeník and Nussbaumer will all play big roles for their respective teams.

This tournament will be real fun.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
What's the list so far?

Hayton, Bahl
Maccelli, Raty,
Emberson
Jenik
Nussbaumer

maybe Soderstrom.

Admiral Swedge

Aug 11, 2018
The coach doesn't like him? Any links or info with more about this?

My statement was entirely based on the conversations taking place in the Swedish WJC thread as well as Söderström's page in the prospects thread so take whatever I say with less than a grain of salt.

Definitely should've mentioned that, my b.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My statement was entirely based on the conversations taking place in the Swedish WJC thread as well as Söderström's page in the prospects thread so take whatever I say with less than a grain of salt.

Definitely should've mentioned that, my b.
Thanks I'll go check them out. I was just curious because I hadn't heard anything about it before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad