Coyotes Struggling: Shakeup Needed in Arizona

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Salvaging the season is getting one of the two franchise centers in this draft plus correctly positioning the franchise for future success via the culling of the roster.

The Coyotes have to win 2 games for every loss (with a handful of loser points thrown in) just to have a shot at the playoffs at 95/96 points. That's not happening.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
One word on Perlini. I hope my viewings of him last year were wrong and he is an impact player. That being said how can we brag about him being a key piece when he hasn't played a meaningful game since he was drafted.
Reminds me of a couple years ago when several people wanted to trade Yandle because they thought Gormley could come right in and replace what he brings to the table. That's a fairly ridiculous idea now much less 2 years ago. I think a lot of people get caught up in prospect ratings and forget that potential and realized potential are two extremely different things.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Reminds me of a couple years ago when several people wanted to trade Yandle because they thought Gormley could come right in and replace what he brings to the table. That's a fairly ridiculous idea now much less 2 years ago. I think a lot of people get caught up in prospect ratings and forget that potential and realized potential are two extremely different things.

Potential is another word for "hasn't done it and may never do it"

It's a prospect board and the shiny box is always going to look better than the sweater that's been hanging in the closet for three years.

The analytics age has brought forward some real interesting data on peak years for forwards (top out on average at age 26). I look at players who are young and who's production has plateaued may just be a sign that they aren't the players to build your core around. Gagner is a prime example. He's a hired gun at age 24 who is destined to be a UFA in 2 years time. Mueller is another player who peaked low early. Do we put Boedker in that category today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad