Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Nathan Smith to 1-yr, 2-way contract ($775k AAV)

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I was really excited about Smith when we got him. Actually thought he may have more upside than McBain. Obviously my opinion has changed but is there anything here?
From what I understand he's a pretty late bloomer. From stat glancing, looks like he's only been playing real high level hockey for like 6 years. Might just need a bit more time

Reactions: RABBIT

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So far he has not been worth the bother of taking on Little's deal. Pivotal season for him this year.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He's certainly not going to have an easy time cracking the roster. I expect Zucker and Boyd will be traded by March so he might get some time if that happens. Smith will be 25 by then.

By the following season the front edge of a tidal wave of prospects will be maturing and competition even for callup spots will be intense.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
At the games I have attended and watched Nathan, he seems to skate and play with better than most speed and intensity. I’ve not seen him take a shift off. I think he might wind up being a good piece for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad