Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign multi-year agreement with FoxSports 910 and iHeart Radio

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Deal includes exclusive audio content on the Arizona Coyotes Audio Network via the iHeart App. Broadcasts will also be carried on Fox Sports 1450 in Tucson.

Both home pre season games will be included in the schedule.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
More details from Scott Bordrow at The Athletic:

AZ Media 7.0: Coyotes headed for a new radio home [paywall]

A lot of marketing terms were thrown out when the Coyotes and iHeartMedia jointly announced their partnership Tuesday.

But there’s one simple reason why the Coyotes ended their long-term relationship with Arizona Sports 98.7 FM to move to Fox Sports 910, a story first reported by The Athletic on Monday.

Exposure.

The Coyotes were tired of being the red-headed stepchild at Arizona Sports. Their games often were moved to 620 AM if they were in conflict with Suns or Diamondbacks broadcasts. Also, according to a source, the Coyotes only got an average of 21 minutes of conversation time per week on Arizona Sports. At Fox Sports 910, they’ll be the center of attention.

“That’s a major feature of this deal, the excitement and commitment of iHeart to really be more focused on the Coyotes,” said team president and CEO Ahron Cohen. “Now our fans have a place where they can turn to hear more Coyotes talk. That’s something very important for us.

“Another feature is the consistency fans will have when they want to listen on the radio. In our previous relationship, it was tough on any given night. You didn’t really know what station we were going to be on based on subordination to other teams. Now fans know they can listen to it on this channel.”

IHeart’s commitment to the Coyotes will be developed across several platforms, most notably a 24/7 Coyotes channel on the iHeartRadio app. In addition, Cohen said iHeartMedia’s eight FM stations in the Valley will feature Coyotes content, including player interviews and constant cross-promotion with Fox Sports 910. Arizona’s games will be broadcast on Fox Sports 910, the iHeartRadio app and an open FM HD channel.

“It’s an opportunity to reach a broader segment of the population through iHeart’s different music channels,” Cohen said. “For us, that’s one of our core pillars, reaching new fans.”

Cohen called the opportunity to have a dedicated Coyotes channel on iHeart’s app a “complete game changer.”

“Our casual and avid fans will be able to get nonstop Coyotes content to consume,” he said.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like this makes games more accessible right? Just download the iHeart app and good to go.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like this makes games more accessible right? Just download the iHeart app and good to go.
I'll say that I use the iHeart radio app to listen to some live podcasts amongst other things and it works wonderfully, might have to try it out with some baseball games in the coming weeks just to see how well it works. So far so good though.

Reactions: Vip

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I can no longer support this agreement. If you go to the Station page on iheart.com, one of the advertisements they have in the center says "Welcome to Phoenix, this is wildcat country". I can not support a station that flashes that.

upload_2019-8-14_12-46-29.png

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just to update you all on the iHeartRadio and FoxSports910 hiring of Dan Sileo.

The Coyotes have made it known to the station they are not happy with the hiring. They've made it clear they will not allow any players or coaches to appear on his show.

Sileo's show was slotted right in front of when most Coyotes broadcasts would take place.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Just to update you all on the iHeartRadio and FoxSports910 hiring of Dan Sileo.

The Coyotes have made it known to the station they are not happy with the hiring. They've made it clear they will not allow any players or coaches to appear on his show.

Sileo's show was slotted right in front of when most Coyotes broadcasts would take place.

What am I missing?

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I tuned into 98.7 today at 10am hoping to hear the Kessel introduction but I remembered we don't use them anymore.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
What am I missing?

Dan Sileo was fired from three Florida radio stations in a 20 month span for making sexual and racially sensitive comments on the air. Then went to San Diego and only lasted a few months there before getting pulled off the air after Padres fans went ballistic over a comment he made in regards to suicide.

FoxSports910 hired him a week or so ago to fill in a late afternoon slot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dan Sileo was fired from three Florida radio stations in a 20 month span for making sexual and racially sensitive comments on the air. Then went to San Diego and only lasted a few months there before getting pulled off the air after Padres fans went ballistic over a comment he made in regards to suicide.

FoxSports910 hired him a week or so ago to fill in a late afternoon slot.
Sounds good and smart. Bet it will pay off big.

Reactions: Yandover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad