Rumor: Coyotes Sign Liam Kirk to a 3-year ELC

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
It honestly doesn’t hurt anyone but Kirk to take a chance. I mean in all likelihood this is a contract that becomes mutually terminated in the future, but it’s worth the risk for both sides.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Haha. That's hockey the hard way. Now also with contract-signing of own prospects the hard way!

But I hope this works out. And that it's not so they can flip him or something. It's something about this guy. :nod:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
LOL. A 7th round pick got a contract and has a chance... he should be happy with any type of contract he could get at this level.

Its stupid to judge talent after where they where drafted. Are some candians still that locked in to draftpostion??

So regardless talent, if you are drafted in 7th round, no body ever wants you, even after several years?? Doesnt make sense

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Its stupid to judge talent after where they where drafted. Are some candians still that locked in to draftpostion??

So regardless talent, if you are drafted in 7th round, no body ever wants you, even after several years?? Doesnt make sense
"Nobody ever wants you"?? He got a contract?

Draft position isnt the end all be all for a prospect...but it is a good indication of where that prospect is at the time of the draft. All prospects can improve and Kirk has which is a good start. He still has a LONG way to go until he can make an impact at the NHL level.

Yes Kirk has produced at all levels he has played, but those leagues were the top British league and the OHL. If he was tearing up the KHL or SHL I would think he has multiple suitors for a contract.

My point here is that he is a long shot prospect that is playing and progressing nicely. If he gets to the NHL it is going to be after a few seasons in the AHL. There is nothing wrong with this, but for some reason people think its crazy he isnt getting an opportunity NHL immediately.

Sidenote.... I would love to know why you think this isnt a good deal for Kirk?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
How many "about turns" has this been for BA?
Yea there have been a few. Oddly, I don't find it concerning yet. If we still see this going into the end of next season, I'll begin to doubt the ability of our GM but for now, I think there is just too much on his plate and a 7th rounder typically should take a back seat to most issues.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
"Nobody ever wants you"?? He got a contract?

Draft position isnt the end all be all for a prospect...but it is a good indication of where that prospect is at the time of the draft. All prospects can improve and Kirk has which is a good start. He still has a LONG way to go until he can make an impact at the NHL level.

Yes Kirk has produced at all levels he has played, but those leagues were the top British league and the OHL. If he was tearing up the KHL or SHL I would think he has multiple suitors for a contract.

My point here is that he is a long shot prospect that is playing and progressing nicely. If he gets to the NHL it is going to be after a few seasons in the AHL. There is nothing wrong with this, but for some reason people think its crazy he isnt getting an opportunity NHL immediately.

Sidenote.... I would love to know why you think this isnt a good deal for Kirk?
I agree on one thing ; There is still med ch to be done before veing regular NHLer, NHL has their style etc.
But Judging a player two - three years after a draft is nonsense. There is mich that could happen. That judging I still se in many, and I dont get this conservative draft pedigree thing. Its stupid. Take a look at Mark Stone. 6th rounder. Anyway nextbyear, he killed it. Should the team say Naaaah, he is just a 6th rounder. Let him rot in AHL for some time first.
In reality draftposition in judging player talent doesnt make any sense.
And Arizona is a team to stacked to get a good look I think, and Arizona is may be not the best handled organisation in NHL.
With thatbsaid, 7 goals, with a lot of goals vd good competition is nothing to sneeze about. He deserves a chance and proper coaching. Not just ” sign him gor a good feelgood story in media”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad