Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Gaudet to a 1 year deal

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=889489

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Friday, July 15, 2016

Gaudet

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have signed forward Tyler Gaudet to a one-year, two-way contract. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The 23-year-old Gaudet registered 1-2-3 in 14 games with the Coyotes last season and totaled 4-9-13 in 44 games with Springfield (AHL). The Hamilton, Ont. native has recorded 12-21-33 in 115 career AHL games with Springfield and Portland.

Gaudet was signed as a free agent on November 4, 2013

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
4C in Glendale, 2-4 C in Tuxon.

Hanzal, Strome, Vermette, Richardson in ARZ
Dvorak, Dauphin, Gaudet in TUX
Keller in Boston / Windsor

Looks good.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
MacInnis will be in Tucson, but I'd bet one of Dvorak, Dauphin or Gaudet starts in Arizona. Possibly at the expense of Strome.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
MacInnis will be in Tucson, but I'd bet one of Dvorak, Dauphin or Gaudet starts in Arizona. Possibly at the expense of Strome.

We can't have all 4 play center in Tucson with strome in the NHL? Do we have any veteran ahl centers signed yet?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Gaudet seemed to be a pleasant surprise in my (limited) viewings. Could we slot him on the left side, too?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Big fan of this player. Just don't see how we can protect in expansion draft though.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It seems unlikely to me that they don't pick up a center or two before training camp.
Yeah, it would make sense to get a veteran C to mentor them.
Big fan of this player. Just don't see how we can protect in expansion draft though.

If he's the only player we'd lose I'd be happy. I like him, but better him than stone or martinook.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I like him too but there's no chance Vegas takes him. He has no offensive game to speak of. A lot like Boyd Gordon.

Chris Mueller is the vet C in Tucson.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like him too but there's no chance Vegas takes him. He has no offensive game to speak of. A lot like Boyd Gordon.

Have you seen our list of potential exposed players? It's Gaudet or Samuellson. Gaudet is a 6'3" Bottom 6 C. He can play.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

Dauphin and Gaudet aren't competing for the same spot as Strome. Strome is top 6 or bust. Dauphin, Gaudet are bottom 6. And Dvo could be second/third line.

Have you seen our list of potential exposed players? It's Gaudet or Samuellson. Gaudet is a 6'3" Bottom 6 C. He can play.

Vegas isn't required to take a Coyote are they? I could see them passing on all our exposed players. But if they do want/have to take one I think Richardson, Martinook or McGinn would be more likely candidates.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Dvorak sticks in the NHL the. Tucson probably sees

Muller (vet), Dauphin(2nd year), McInnis(rookie) and Gaudet(third year) down the middle. Not too concern for me.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If Dvorak sticks in the NHL the. Tucson probably sees

Muller (vet), Dauphin(2nd year), McInnis(rookie) and Gaudet(third year) down the middle. Not too concern for me.

Could one of them move to wing? I don't really want any of the young guys to get 4th line minutes. Or even really 3rd line.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Vegas isn't required to take a Coyote are they? I could see them passing on all our exposed players. But if they do want/have to take one I think Richardson, Martinook or McGinn would be more likely candidates.

Every team loses one player.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
If the Coyotes are lucky, yeah.

I highly doubt LV would snag him with the other options that will most likely be available.

Of course, With Tipp in charge, he could make a push for Smith to be the G we protect; in which case, I could see Domingue get drafted before McGinn or Richardson (as a BU goalie--although there will be a fair amount of those available as well, but Domingue would be more "affordable")

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I highly doubt LV would snag him with the other options that will most likely be available.

Of course, With Tipp in charge, he could make a push for Smith to be the G we protect; in which case, I could see Domingue get drafted before McGinn or Richardson (as a BU goalie--although there will be a fair amount of those available as well, but Domingue would be more "affordable")

Unless Smith finishes top 5-10 in GAA this year, we make the playoffs, and win a series, we won't protect him. Why would we unless we have to?

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
I will guarantee that we will not leave Martinook exposed to the draft. He is way too valuable to our team. He is going to be our best penalty killer for many years to come. Not every important piece to the puzzle has to have top 6 potential. As far as Gaudet I personally think he is developing exactly how we hoped when we drafted him. I see him being a very solid 4th line center with 3rd line upside. I think Vegas will take a serious look at him before eventually passing because they will only have this year too base him on. The few games he did play with us I thought he did pretty solid in his role. He's never gonna be a top 6 player but I feel like he's getting slightly underrated here.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
There are going to be decent players exposed all over the league. That's the point of the X-Draft. I like Martinook alot, but if we have enough good player to protect and he's exposed, I won't lose sleep over it.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I will guarantee that we will not leave Martinook exposed to the draft. He is way too valuable to our team. He is going to be our best penalty killer for many years to come. Not every important piece to the puzzle has to have top 6 potential.

Actually, I think Martinook has great potential and if we can protect him, I hope we do. I guess it will depend on what moves we make this season; however, if we move Stone (or Murphy--hopefully not Murphy), that would allow us to protect more forwards for the expansion draft.

Palmer2Fitz said:
As far as Gaudet I personally think he is developing exactly how we hoped when we drafted him. I see him being a very solid 4th line center with 3rd line upside. I think Vegas will take a serious look at him before eventually passing because they will only have this year too base him on. The few games he did play with us I thought he did pretty solid in his role. He's never gonna be a top 6 player but I feel like he's getting slightly underrated here.

I think Gaudet is also a strong prospect (for his role), but it's kind of a trend with the Coyotes, lots of 3rd/4th liners. I'm not sure what Gaudet's true value i since we don't get a chance to see him much. 3 points in 14 isn't bad for a 4th liner (current role when played), but the 13 in 44 (and 20 in 71) in the A is a bit lackluster. At least he'll have a chance this year to improve a bit on the scoring. I do realize there's more to his role than points, but he still needs to put up around 1 point every other game (in the A) to show he's worth re-signing for a longer deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00