Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign G Adin Hill to ELC

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Numbers are worse than last year on a worse Portland team, so *shrug*?

Portland Winterhawks are done in the playoffs, so maybe a cup of coffee for him in Springfield before returning to the WHL next season.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think he'll do fine with some decent coaching (I'm assuming we'll eventually have some changes before he consistently plays in the AHL).

He'll be 20 shortly (in a month), so maybe he'll be in Springfield next season unless they bring him back as one of the 3 overagers next season (not unusual for a goalie).

Troytle will be an RFA at the end of this season (and will probably be released)
Langhamer is signed through 2016-2017, so no need to hurry (or should I say "Rush") Hill.
Kallgren will most likely not make it to NA, but he's only 19 so we still have time, I guess.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hill is probably the best goalie in our system. Legitimate challenger for Domingue as goalie of the future. Langhammer in mix. Overall I like our G depth.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Hill had .921 last season and .917 this season. Neither Langhammer or Domingue have ever beat that on North American soil. Of course Domingue's .914 in the NHL this year is impressive but his resume hints that he won't be able to repeat it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I dunno lanky, it was a lot higher than .914 before they (had to) ran him into the ground while Smith was hurt. FSAZ kept showing the stat that Domingue played the most minutes of any goalie since the new year. He's obviously not ready for that workload.

Regardless, glad to have both in the fold. Maybe by the time Smith is gone, Domingue will have Hill nipping at his heels for the job. That's just fine with me.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hill had .921 last season and .917 this season. Neither Langhammer or Domingue have ever beat that on North American soil. Of course Domingue's .914 in the NHL this year is impressive but his resume hints that he won't be able to repeat it.

Stats at lower levels for goalies are really dependent on how strong their teams are. I wouldn't look much into it. What you can instead focus on is Hill's raw athleticism and ability. He was far and away the best goalie in the rookie camp. He may never piece it together, but he has the tools.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hill is probably the best goalie in our system. Legitimate challenger for Domingue as goalie of the future. Langhammer in mix. Overall I like our G depth.

IMO he looked better than visentin and ming at any prospect camp I saw them at, but that was a pretty small sample size.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Just remember how close we were to not having Domingue on the roster anywhere in AHL or NHL this year - almost signed in Europe.

I like who we have in the goalie depth department, but still think that an additional netminder would not be a bad thing to have...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad