Coyotes sign 2006 draft pick Peter Mueller

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Theres some good news. Hes gonna be a great player. I wonder how long till hes a starter for the yotes?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Theres some good news. Hes gonna be a great player. I wonder how long till hes a starter for the yotes?

he will be in the lineup on opening night. i have no doubt about that. he will have to completely suck in the first 9 games for them to send him back to everett.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
he will be in the lineup on opening night. i have no doubt about that. he will have to completely suck in the first 9 games for them to send him back to everett.

I hope for the Coyotes sake that they send him back to Everett. Otherwise he'll be a free agent at 26, just as he's hitting his prime. I think they'd be better off keeping him out of the league until he's at least 21. That's how I feel about all prospects not named Crosby or Ovechkin (or Tavares).

However, I agree with you that he'll probably make the team and stick with them through another year of missing the playoffs.

Bam Beet*

I'm a big fan of Mueller. He'll stick with Pheonix I'm sure.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I hope for the Coyotes sake that they send him back to Everett. Otherwise he'll be a free agent at 26, just as he's hitting his prime. I think they'd be better off keeping him out of the league until he's at least 21. That's how I feel about all prospects not named Crosby or Ovechkin (or Tavares).

However, I agree with you that he'll probably make the team and stick with them through another year of missing the playoffs.

He'll probably be a lot cheaper to re-sign prior to UFA at 26 than he would be if he was going to reach UFA status at 27/28?

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006

No point, he's dominated the WHL, there's nothing new for him there or reason to return. Plus, he's too young for the AHL so off to the NHL he'll go. He was a REALLY late cut last year and by all accounts has improved tremendously so yes, he should stick with the roster all year. As for when he hits free agent, who knows what will happen in 7 years? He may not even be a Coyote by the time he's 23, I just think your looking a wee bit too far ahead.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Beware... this is the Brule killer situation, dominated juniors too young for the A, stay away injury bug

sorry if I threw out the jinx*:sarcasm:

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Beware... this is the Brule killer situation, dominated juniors too young for the A, stay away injury bug

sorry if I threw out the jinx*:sarcasm:

I'm not a superstitious man but if I ever meet in public, remind me to slug you. :sarcasm:

Also, Brule was rushed. Mueller wasn't, plus Mueller has the size.I'm not arguing which will be the better player, it just seems to me that Mueller is more prepared and ready to enter the league then Brule was.

white_tiger

Sep 10, 2006
Phoenix
No point, he's dominated the WHL, there's nothing new for him there or reason to return. Plus, he's too young for the AHL so off to the NHL he'll go. He was a REALLY late cut last year and by all accounts has improved tremendously so yes, he should stick with the roster all year. As for when he hits free agent, who knows what will happen in 7 years? He may not even be a Coyote by the time he's 23, I just think your looking a wee bit too far ahead.

Plus COnstintine isn;t at Evertt anymore. So what are teh chances they are getting a better coach there then he was for teaching?

World Hockey Connect

Apr 25, 2007
Not Good News in Minnesota

I don't think Don Lucia of the Minnesota Gophers thinks this is such good news. Mueller was supposed to come to the Gophers this year. Typical of Mueller, not at all consistent with sticking to his commitments -- especially to schools.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
First of all, how is this "typical?" When else has he broken off any commitment?

And further, how is it any different from a player having his rights drafted in the CHL but opting to play college hockey instead? I doubt Mueller ever gave Lucia a definitive commitment but instead merely chose Minnesota to keep his options over should he decide against the WHL (not to mention the fact that, after his first minute in the Dub, Mueller became ineligible to play in the NCAA).

ShootThePuckCoyotes

Jul 13, 2006
Phoenix
I don't think Don Lucia of the Minnesota Gophers thinks this is such good news. Mueller was supposed to come to the Gophers this year. Typical of Mueller, not at all consistent with sticking to his commitments -- especially to schools.

What? I don't think he is even eligable for college and not once have I heard this was in his plans. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->