Coyotes Rookies Camp Sept. 7th (Tournament 9th-12th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Strome in a little shoving match.

EDIT: I didn't think Hill was horrible in the first game. The last goal wasn't great but he was peppered and hung out to dry most of the game.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The last few minutes of this period have been the most sustained offensive pressure they've had in all 3 games.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Strome's looking good today. Very slick passing game. Miska has easily outperformed Hill this tournament as well.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Miska has been brilliant....with that said, he'll probably give up 3 in the 3rd.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do you think Keller is going to make the team?

Not trying to call you out, just trying to pick your brain a little.

I really have no idea. We will have a much better idea after the main camp.

MacInnis has definitely improved. One of the standouts.

I can only laugh when you guys say these are meaningless yet you are here commenting on the tournament. I don't think they are meaningless IF the coaches are evaluating rookies, players on PTO and players who should crack main camp. So I won't read too much in to line pairings or depth charts at this point. I just want to see some players play like they're trying to make a roster. From what I have seen first two games, Tochs and his staff have got some work to do.

I'm not commenting on the tournament. I might have watched 10 minutes at most.

I think the prospect games matter more for the middle tier prospects than the top ones. Capobianco, Dineen, MacInnis, Pederson. And the guys on tryout could be looking to break into the ECHL and get on the AHL roster's radar or see their career come to an end.

I don't understand this tournament at all. The kids have been training all off season in all different parts of the country, come to town and practice one or twice and then travel and play a couple of games. The organization said they did not want to over load the kids at this time and just let them play. I call it pick up hockey at it's finest.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Miska has been my surprise player this tournament. Kid looks poised and makes some crazy saves. Also had a little shoving match with a player yesterday after a whistle. Definitely my prospect to keep an eye on.

Fisher has to make this team. The guy looks so dominant every time he's out there. Would be floored if he didn't make the team out of camp.

Keller is meh. But I never had high hopes for him.

Strome looked better today.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Only been watching the last ten minutes but POJ looks night and day better since the first game. That's the type of prospect you want to see make improvement at these tournaments. Strome/Keller have their eyes on the big prize.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Joseph has been great this tournament. Crazy that despite trading our 1st we still landed a high end prospect. Nice to see strome score there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->