Recalled/Assigned: Coyotes recall Mermis (emergency basis 4/4/18)

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
and when Chychrun returns, hopefully Hanley stays and Connuaton goes!
I'd opt for Mermis over Hanley. He's got some Brad McCrimmon/Tim Watters to his game. I just can't find anything good to say about Connuaton other than he's earned some Chipchura intangible type love within the Coyotes organization. Yeah, I'm in the minority that's a good thing. Nevertheless, this isn't a shot at Connauton, but a plug for Mermis as the 6/7 dman

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Yes, I'm guessing KConn will be moved (waived or traded), but I can also see hanging onto him as the #7 and giving Mermis/Hanley more experience in Tucson. I suppose Hanley could also be thrown into a trade package since he is probably a pretty solid #6/#7 on most mid/low tier NHL teams.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So.....

OEL - Schenn
Murphy - Goligoski
Mermis - Connauton

Something like that, anyway.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Buffalo has to take a D this year with their first rounder. They are approximately 3 D short of a good top 4.

Agreed. So what do they do if they have #2 or #3? And if we are #4 or #5 whats the cost to move up?

Honestly I dont think there would be much of an uproar to take Hughes at 3, but at 2 it is a different story.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Agreed. So what do they do if they have #2 or #3? And if we are #4 or #5 whats the cost to move up?

Honestly I dont think there would be much of an uproar to take Hughes at 3, but at 2 it is a different story.
A solid ready to play D prospect to drop down to 4-7? Not sure we have one to offer. We are a little light ourselves in top tier D prospects and Joseph is likely too far away from being a finished product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad