NW Valley of the Sun
Make Hayton Premium Again!

full

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
DgpdeU7UYAEsNqQ.jpg

3 years in the CHL will do wonders for this kid.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I only recorded the Red team because 1. I didn't wanna wake up that early and 2. who cares about the white team really.

Part 1. Not as much entertainment value as yesterday IMO.

I got some pretty good zoomed in shots of their whiteboard :laugh:

EDIT: Part 2:

Last edited:
Reactions: MIG and Muppet

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Don't suppose anyone could do a little write-up of what they see in Liam Kirk could they? Personal opinions and expectations if possible!

I believe the CHL Import Draft is tomorrow and Kirk should be up for selection there.

Thanks in advance!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Don't suppose anyone could do a little write-up of what they see in Liam Kirk could they? Personal opinions and expectations if possible!

I believe the CHL Import Draft is tomorrow and Kirk should be up for selection there.

Thanks in advance!

Thin as a rail, so he's lacking power on his shots relative to much stronger players, but his natural skills and his skating stands out.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Thin as a rail, so he's lacking power on his shots relative to much stronger players, but his natural skills and his skating stands out.
Really encouraging to hear his natural skills and skating stands out, really hoping he piles on the muscle over summer though. Personally feel the added muscle and size would take his game up a couple notches but could be wrong!

Thanks for the update, lots of fans from the UK keen to track his progress and hear the opinions of anybody getting to see him in Arizona.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Really encouraging to hear his natural skills and skating stands out, really hoping he piles on the muscle over summer though. Personally feel the added muscle and size would take his game up a couple notches but could be wrong!

Thanks for the update, lots of fans from the UK keen to track his progress and hear the opinions of anybody getting to see him in Arizona.

At his size, he will need to add a minimum of 20 pounds to play in the NHL. There aren't really any 6'2 guys who get away with less. Most guys that size are 200lbs or more. As long as he can keep his skating form with the added bulk, it will help a ton. He has 3-4 years in the minors ahead of him at minimum.

Reactions: GBHockey and MIG

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
6 of 7 videos are uploaded, 7 is in progress. The titles say 8 because I can't count and skipped one.

This is video 1, the rest are in my channel.

Reactions: XX and MIG

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
6 of 7 videos are uploaded, 7 is in progress. The titles say 8 because I can't count and skipped one.

This is video 1, the rest are in my channel.

Do you have a 60fps mode on whatever you are using? It makes such a huge difference in viewing comfort and legibility of numbers.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Do you have a 60fps mode on whatever you are using? It makes such a huge difference in viewing comfort and legibility of numbers.

So I'm assuming 60fps creates a bigger file than the default 30fps?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So I'm assuming 60fps creates a bigger file than the default 30fps?

Yep. It's twice the framerate, so it's capturing more data. So over the same span of time, you render motion a lot more smoothly. I don't think the increased size is literally 2x as large due to compression/codecs. @SniperHF could tell you. If you watch his videos, make sure you click the little gear icon on the bottom right and set the youtube quality to 1080p60 if it doesn't go there by default. Fantastic clarity.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Phew! That Emberson interview video is up and he's obviously throwing the gauntlet down with Dylan Strome for a words-per-minute battle!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Phew! That Emberson interview video is up and he's obviously throwing the gauntlet down with Dylan Strome for a words-per-minute battle!

Wondering if he went through speech therapy at some point. Talking seems like a deliberate process for him.

Janik is adorable:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad