Coyotes Prospect Camp (June 25-29) @ Gila River Arena

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Any reccomendations on someone to follow for good coverage of the prospect camp... thanks in advance.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
WP_20180625_13_42_23_Pro.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'll have video up at some point.

Here's a non shit version of the roster:
#Goaltenders
40Tendeck, David
50Prosvetov, Ivan
60Madsen, Merrick
70Kallgren, Erik
78Donofrio, Nick
#Defensemen
37Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
51Callahan, Michael
53Stewart, Dean
54Dineen, Cam
59Smereck, Jalen
62Busby, Dennis
72Karow, Michael
79Gross, Jordan
82Wilson, Hadson
88Emberson, Ty
90Pasichnuk, Brimsom
91Bahl, Kevin
92Hoefenmayer, Noel
94Westerlund, Filip
#Forwards
22Hayton, Barrett
52Steenbergen, Tyler
56Klima, Kevin
57Cyr, Mika
63Fagemo, Sam
64Kirk, Liam
68Klima, Kelly
73Jenik, Jam
74Gerlach, Max
76Schnarr, Nate
78McKenna, Jeremy
80Burke, Brayden
84Loggins, Troy
85Peca, Jaden
89Walli Walterholm, Erik
93Pederson, Lane
96Geraaro, Matteo
98Entwisle, Mackenzie
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well for some good news I think Hayton was basically the best player out there. Good shot, was able to pick his spots and beat the goalie or force him to make a tough save. There were a lot of players out there who really couldn't fire the puck so maybe he just stood out because of that. Speed/power skating wasn't a huge emphasis in today's practice so not much in the way of comment there. He was one of the best players in a little drill where they had simulate a check, put their stick under a tire, lift it, free the puck and circle around for a shot. Hayton was able to do it in a pretty fluid way where a lot of players struggled with either lifting and pulling the puck out at the same time or transitioning out from the corner.

Joseph was also very smooth in all aspects. He was quite often ahead of the play and linemates weren't ready for Joseph's passes. Did pretty well in close quarters puck handling as a forward would in the blue line to blue line 3 on 2.

Entwisle didn't display a lot of skill but I can see him carving out a role as a bottom 6er. Gifted physically but I don't think he has the hands or shot to really sniff the top 6. Does the little things well and uses his frame.

Anyway that's mostly who I paid attention to.

Gerlach one of the invitees had a surprisingly good wrist shot.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't have too much to add to what sniper said. Hayton stood out, which was very nice to see. Him and POJ went head to head in many drills. They had a puck race type of drill later on that they were pretty equal on. Gerlach has a very deceptive release, seemed to fool the goalies often. Bahl was big, and a good skater for his size. Had some puck bobbles, but he didn't seem terrible with it. He has a pretty meh shot, weird slow release too. I'm not very taken with him for a 2nd rounder so far, but it's hard to say from one day's worth of drills. I don't think I'll make it at all tomorrow, and I'll probably only be able to catch the end on Thursday. Hopefully someone else can make it and take some notes/video.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Gerlach popping here

My notes from '17 have him on the roster, don't remember him much last year.
Definitely stood out today. Had some better snipes earlier in the practice before the video, don't remember if I got them in the video uploading now or not.

Another random thought, Smereck was definitely the leader on the ice for the second group. Coaches had him demonstrate every drill and he seemed to have a good rapport with them. Smereck would bark at other players occasionally. In one instance he called out another player pretty loudly who ran into him or something. A few of the players on the group kept doing the drills wrong and he was the one called to show them the right way.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Gerlach popping here. He's a returnee isn't he? Good candidate to get signed considering he's a RHS.

Gross isn't an invite. I always like the commentary track :D
With competition like Nash, Walsh, and McConnell it's not hard to impress.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Not surprised Hayton stood out. Most of our best prospects have graduated. Don’t think there is another long term forward on that roster as far as forwards go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad