Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Prospect Camp - June 24 - 28 - Now with Premium Roster

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You can tell our prospect cupboard is a little on the boring side .... in other years past, there were pages and pages in the thread of excited fans reporting on our new draftees ..

With the way Chayka drafts so heavily on intangibles and his own brand of analytics, we won't know if our prospects are going to be any good until they're about 3 years into their NHL careers.

On the one hand, that sucks, because there are no real projectable names like you'd get from a list from Central Scouting.

On the other, though, it's good, because it forcibly strips us of our unreasonable projections that we typically put on prospects at draft time and prohibits us from dreaming dreams of future stars until we see the proof on the ice. It's not as fun, but it's more practical.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
But perhaps some update from some of you? As an example: Does Liam Kirk still look like he should have been drafted hours earlier?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
tenor.gif

It's the other way around for me.
Ever since i am living in the netherlands i gained about 10 kilos (my mom is furious because most of my pants don't fit no more I get a lot of fat on my thighs and butt, brazilian girls would be jealouse ^^]).

having a mental problem doesn't help eighter......

Attachments

• PIJTMC6.gif
    PIJTMC6.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
But perhaps some update from some of you? As an example: Does Liam Kirk still look like he should have been drafted hours earlier?

I've always thought that was a bit overstated ,but he justifies his selection IMO. Kirk has also filled out some, particularly upper body.

Anybody go to the this morning?

You should put your old username as your usertitle :laugh:

You can tell our prospect cupboard is a little on the boring side .... in other years past, there were pages and pages in the thread of excited fans reporting on our new draftees ..

I think it has to do with that we're no longer in a full on rebuild. If we were rebuilding, the only thing to look forward to is those prospects really. The NHL team is still sort of a mediocre example of one, but it's not in full on blow it up mode so that's the focus now. Heck they at least occasionally trades futures for now-players too. Rebuild is basically over.

With the way Chayka drafts so heavily on intangibles and his own brand of analytics, we won't know if our prospects are going to be any good until they're about 3 years into their NHL careers.

They just aren't terribly flashy. PoJ has always truck me as sort of extremely....competent. He's smart, has a good but not great shot, skates well but not a blazer out there, makes good reads, in Coyote Typical is not physical at all. And I mean really if you watch Soderstrom he comes off the exact same way just a fair bit more polished. Hayton particularly this year has bit more pizazz but he's still understated overall.

Jenik is the only guy out there really who has that Domi style swag personality to his game on ice. But he's substantially less physically gifted.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
A few things I liked seeing:
Soderstrom wheeling round the net, passes it, finds space and immediately bangs his stick calling for it back.
Hayton gets a poor pass, Likhachyov beats him to it and immediately nutmegs him.
Crotty looks imposing.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
They should post some numbers on players on that screen.

Is it two or three periods?

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Prosvetov stoned Farinacci set up by Likhachyov but then lets in a wrister from Steenbergen.

Bahl is swatting aside some of these guys. Dealt with a Klima breakaway with ease. Doesnt seem to panic.

Reactions: Grimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->