Coyotes Playoff thread

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

If you look at the teams currently in the top and bottom 10, and asked before the season which group you'd think the coyotes would be in at this point of the season, I think most would say the 10 at the top...

Its truly amazing the ineptness of the oiler franchise given where and who they've picked the last 8 years. I hope they get some lottery help, and get the generational Dman coming out this draft. They need some good fortune.

I have regurgitated crow in my mouth.

Reactions: Yandover

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
If you look at the teams currently in the top and bottom 10, and asked before the season which group you'd think the coyotes would be in at this point of the season, I think most would say the 10 at the top...

Its truly amazing the ineptness of the oiler franchise given where and who they've picked the last 8 years. I hope they get some lottery help, and get the generational Dman coming out this draft. They need some good fortune.

I have regurgitated crow in my mouth.

f*** them. They've had enough lottery luck.

Reactions: Yandover

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Only one pt away from not being the worst team in the league...baby steps.

Reactions: _Del_

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Should have acquired Wedgewood at the time they called up Adin Hill. We'd have another 8 or so points right now.

Reactions: doaner

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Should have acquired Wedgewood at the time they called up Adin Hill. We'd have another 8 or so points right now.
Yeah, tbf I think it was worth giving Domingue one last shot, but there was a couple of weeks where it was apparent both him and hill couldn't cut it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Noone thought Domingue was going to bottom out. Trades take time. I imagine when they realized Dom and Hill weren't above .880% for a stretch, they started shopping earlier than the trade date. But yeah, it sure would have been nice to have NHL goaltending earlier.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I know you think goal tending was our primary problem and I hope you are proven right. But in hindsight we could have done many things differently to avoid the 0-20 start, and I'm not going to point them out, they don't matter now. I don't think it was as simple as bad goal tending though, as the team is playing much better now as a whole which is contributing to our success (lately).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Noone thought Domingue was going to bottom out. Trades take time. I imagine when they realized Dom and Hill weren't above .880% for a stretch, they started shopping earlier than the trade date. But yeah, it sure would have been nice to have NHL goaltending earlier.

hbk has said for a long time that he has reservations about LD as a NHL goalie. I thought LD would be fine as a back up but never a starter.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Due to our present win streak...yes, we still have a chance.

2ly61hz.png

Reactions: _Del_ and Muppet

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, tbf I think it was worth giving Domingue one last shot, but there was a couple of weeks where it was apparent both him and hill couldn't cut it.

Most believed Domingue could hold the court until Raanta came back.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Most believed Domingue could hold the court until Raanta came back.

This was a really tough situation. I was never thrilled with Domingue. He was excellent when he first came up for Smith, when both he and our actual backup were injured. But even in that stint started to slow down as Smith got healthy. He was never as lights out as our current two goaltenders are in the AHL, but it was near impossible to determine his play because the AHL team was a smoldering dumpster fire at the time. He regressed his first full year as a backup, but also never got much consistent starting time because it was the Smith show. He was a fan and player favorite heading into this season, and we had no room for him in the AHL, we also had no room in the AHL to bring in a more experienced potential backup like Wedgewood.

Season starts, Anti injured, Corey Perry single handedly breaks Domingue like a horse, and now we have 0 goaltenders who can play an NHL caliber game.

We made the choice not to move on from Domingue this summer, which was the correct risk to take. He may have even been a better backup than Wedgewood had the team jumped Perry the next shift, pulled off that first win or we had a healthy Rantaa. It was a risky gamble that burned us.

Ducks fans have to be the only fans who can root for Perry. That guy...smh

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->