Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
733761.jpg

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Well I bought the gamecenter last night. It's on XBOX, so I can watch while I'm playing video games and crap. My work schedule isn't fixed so I don't even know how many games I'll actually get to sit down and watch. Atleast this way I can watch replays.

Just got GameCenter as well; first time user. Hopefully it works well. Judging by what I've seen from some of last season's content, I expect it to.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just got GameCenter as well; first time user. Hopefully it works well. Judging by what I've seen from some of last season's content, I expect it to.

Have you tried watching any games yet? I tried watching the playoffs from last year starting with the Blackhawks, and it was buffering too often during the game and skipping portions of the game after it was buffering. I hope it was just a random incident and not something I should get used to.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Another first time gamecenter user here.. I'll only get to see the early games live and maybe the occasional Saturday one but decided it was worth it, hopefully they dont get blacked out.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
I had it 2 yrs ago, thgt i would watch the games on my phone @ work. too many pacific team black outs, crappy streaming. not worth it to me. if your signing up pick an eastern team so you dont get the west coast black out.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Bought Game Center for the first time yesterday as well, 10% off with the Discover card. Tried it with a New Jersey proxy but had too many buffering breaks so I turned off the proxy and watched the WCF game 1 smoothly. I'll try the noon East coast games today to see how it does with a live feed before the important one starts. I hope you all used your HF screen names so we can recognize the HFers in the chat window!

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
I've been using GameCenter since 09-10 and haven't had any problems (I'm out of market). The only bummer is that nationally televised games in the US are blacked out. But the part where you're actually watching the game works well. This year they have an app on the Xbox. I watched Game 6 of the Blackhawks series on it and it looked great. It's not live video though, but I'm hopeful it will work well tonight.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Watching Ottawa @ Winnipeg on Game Center right now while CHI @ LAK is on NBC. Had to reset the quality to 1600 Kbps to get rid of some stuttering, but looks good now. Turris vs Wheeler, ewww...

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Have you tried watching any games yet? I tried watching the playoffs from last year starting with the Blackhawks, and it was buffering too often during the game and skipping portions of the game after it was buffering. I hope it was just a random incident and not something I should get used to.

Before today, the archived games I was watching from last season were good 95% of the time. I switched between a few different teams, and the feeds were usually solid, in HD, and on the rare time in froze, it would only be for a second or two. The one common thread I read online was that a slow Internet connection makes for a choppy feed.

It's been fantastic so far today though. Maybe because it's live content rather than digging up video from last season? I'm also streaming it through Apple TV as well, as opposed to watching on NHL.com.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just an update on the above.... all of the live games I watched yesterday were fantastic streams. Zero lag.

When I chose a game from the menu, it first loaded in standard definition but then would reconfigure to HD a few seconds later. It'd also time out after an hour or so of viewing and I'd have to reload, but neither was an issue.

Does anyone know how long between between the game ending that it's available for rebroadcast on GameCenter? I wouldn't mind going back and watching Doan's first intermission interview (missed it).

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
DirecTV version of NHLCI failed. They didn't bother to turn on either FSAZ or FSSW feed until the second period.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Does anyone know how long between between the game ending that it's available for rebroadcast on GameCenter? I wouldn't mind going back and watching Doan's first intermission interview (missed it).

I believe it said 48 hours for Game Center. Happy with the Game Center purchase so far, no black-out for Tucson, streamed it with an old MacBook connected to a 47" LCD and the quality looked good with no drop-outs. It was a little behind the TV feed judging by the comments in the GDT, I was always late to the party...

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
For some reason I get blacked out on numerous games this year despite none of them being broadcast here. I think it's because I used a US VPN server to register my account but since I'm now logged in Sweden it should fix itself soon or I'll cancel the service in a day or two.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
For some reason I get blacked out on numerous games this year despite none of them being broadcast here. I think it's because I used a US VPN server to register my account but since I'm now logged in Sweden it should fix itself soon or I'll cancel the service in a day or two.

What do you mean not broadcast here? Every game is on TV. Worked fine for me anyway if that information does you any good.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
What do you mean not broadcast here? Every game is on TV. Worked fine for me anyway if that information does you any good.
I ment in packages that you don't have to pay extra for. Last year not a single game were blacked out on GCL, this year I've already had five games blacked out.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I'm using unblock-us.com and they've announced no games will be blacked out if you use them. It's $5 a month, but I actually got it for Netflix originally.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I'm using unblock-us.com and they've announced no games will be blacked out if you use them. It's $5 a month, but I actually got it for Netflix originally.
Yeah if I can't get these blackout issues to fix themselves I'm gonna use that(on trial week right now and it worked great) because 5 bucks a month + the starting 50 is still lower than the 249 SEK that Viaplay demand because they're too stupid to let me buy an NHL package and ignore all the other sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad