Coyotes on FSAZ

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Still haven't seen anything official from FSAZ about their coverage of the Coyotes. I looked on the satellite guide for Saturday at 6 and There is 2 1/2 hours where it says "To be Announced". Anybody know when we'll hear something. I can deal with the radio broadcasts but like to watch it 1000 times more.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Still haven't seen anything official from FSAZ about their coverage of the Coyotes. I looked on the satellite guide for Saturday at 6 and There is 2 1/2 hours where it says "To be Announced". Anybody know when we'll hear something. I can deal with the radio broadcasts but like to watch it 1000 times more.

They are slow as heck to announce the schedule when they have a full off season. With a week and a half, I'm expecting we'll hear about it Friday at best.

I wouldn't worry at all about them not covering games and having to listen to the radio. Only question is how many games and how many are on FSA+.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Always seemed like there were 5 or 6 games that were radio only in the last few seasons.

Yeah I'm not expecting 100% tv coverage, but they have been pretty good lately aside from the + channel crap. 5-6 isn't bad, at one point it was like 15.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
I sent them a Tweet a couple of days ago about it and they said they were hoping to have it by Monday, which was yesterday/two days ago.

That obviously didn't happen so now I wouldn't expect it until the last possible minute.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
On the FSAZ web site the TV listings show Saturday night's game being televised. It also shows the game against Columbus on Wed being shown at 1230 AM on Thursday (Suns are on that night). Maybe they'll move it to the Plus channel so we can watch it live.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
On the FSAZ web site the TV listings show Saturday night's game being televised. It also shows the game against Columbus on Wed being shown at 1230 AM on Thursday (Suns are on that night). Maybe they'll move it to the Plus channel so we can watch it live.

it already shows up on the + channel with DirecTV.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
That's good news then. They sure are taking their sweet old time about announcing the viewing schedule.

They tweeted out earlier that they were still discussing the issue with the NHL. I think its codeword for the NHL wants to get paid for the telecasts. I think FSN has broadcasted the games and split the revenue with the Coyotes instead of paying a firm fee like they do with the Suns and Dbacks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Someone should be fired if poker reruns are aired over the home opener. Plain and simple.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
#Coyotes TV deal with FSAZ announced. They'll televise 44 games. Three others broadcast on NBC Sports Network.

47 out of 48 isn't bad.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Absurd, by the way. What a stupid, stupid thing that lock-out was. I hate this schedule, I hate this season. It's simply ridiculous, all the way around. They should be forced to play Benny Hill Whacky Sax music throughout every broadcast and over the speakers in game.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Isn't this the most comprehensive coverage they've had since moving to Phoenix?

Yes and no. Probably the highest percentage of games televised, but so many are on FSA+. Die hards are gonna get to watch but casuals, channel flippers, and people without higher tier digital cable/satellite won't.

For the EDM game If there's a race to making the playoffs I could easily see them adding it to the schedule. Even if its just a rebroadcast of the EDM feed on plus.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I would upgrade my direct TV package, but my TV just freaking died on me. So now I have to use my bonus next week to buy a new TV.

iMac it is! lol

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Ouch... of the 44 games being brodcasted by FSAZ, 23 are on FSAZ+. April is the worst with 9/10 games being on FSAZ+.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Does that mix with the dbacks? Right or wrong fsn pays a ton for those rights.

Yes it does.

People tend to forget up until a year ago there was only one FSN channel available to broadcast all the games from (DBacks, Suns, Coyotes, ASU [Pac-12] etc.) and a huge majority of games ended up on tape delay.

They got Cox to add the plus channel last year to alleviate the traffic jam. That takes moola.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm no longer in college, but regular cable doesn't get Fox +, and I will always be upset about the Coyotes being aired on that channel because of it. It's sad that a hometown team can't be aired on basic cable.

One good thing down the road might be the possibility of the Diamondbacks creating their own network to be aired on, and they won't deal with FSN anymore. I don't know how realistic that might be, I'm not a marketing or economics major, but look at the Yankees and what they make off of YES. The Diamondbacks have a pretty good following down here in AZ, I can see them possibly thinking it might be worth it to create their own channel, and take all the money in, etc.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't know how realistic that might be, I'm not a marketing or economics major, but look at the Yankees and what they make off of YES.

That is a function of the TV market they are in, along with their global (brand) reach. Few teams can support such a system, otherwise they'd all be doing it. If you've got a connection fast enough I'd just buy gamecenter and stream the game. Less hassle. Can access it from most any device. And then there's always pirate streams.

The cable business model is dying. Can't die fast enough for me.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I would upgrade my direct TV package, but my TV just freaking died on me. So now I have to use my bonus next week to buy a new TV.

iMac it is! lol
Huh? Are you saying you watch TV on your computer and that's what died? Either way if you buy the PC equivalent of whatever Mac product you're eying the money you'll save will pay for the direcTV upgrade! :nod:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well I bought the gamecenter last night. It's on XBOX, so I can watch while I'm playing video games and crap. My work schedule isn't fixed so I don't even know how many games I'll actually get to sit down and watch. Atleast this way I can watch replays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad