Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Oilers

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Bryz is as disliked in the locker room as we've heard, the boys should need no further motivation than that.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Who's got two thumbs, an hf avatar that annoys other Coyotes fans and a ticket to this one at Rexall?

THIS GUY

I'll be in the house for @EDM, @CAL and @VAN, as well as a WHL game in Victoria Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing the banners, hearing the Canadian national anthem sung last and meeting fans who DON'T think TGO is a giant *********.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
CK26, that sounds awesome, one of these days I would like to do that as well. Are you going to be going in Yotes gear?

Edit: Speaking of the Canadian national anthem, the day after Thanksgiving for some reason my family started trying to sing the national anthem of Canada but the only part they knew was the "O Canada" beginning. I was able to add "Our home and native land" but that was it. haha

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'll be in the house for @EDM, @CAL and @VAN, as well as a WHL game in Victoria Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing the banners, hearing the Canadian national anthem sung last and meeting fans who DON'T think TGO is a giant *********.
Edit: Speaking of the Canadian national anthem, the day after Thanksgiving for some reason my family started trying to sing the national anthem of Canada but the only part they knew was the "O Canada" beginning. I was able to add "Our home and native land" but that was it. haha
I ****ing love Lauder's rendition of the Canadian national anthem. His Star Spangled Banner as well, for that matter. Really though, I can't attend every home game so I've found myself deliberately selecting games vs Edmonton, Calgary, etc. just because Lauder performs both anthems at those games.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like there is a possibility Korpi could be ready to go for this one.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Are you going to be going in Yotes gear?
... the alternative being what, exactly?

I thought about rocking the powder blue Marian Hossa Thrashers jersey, but then I remembered the Thrashers won't be playing any of the four games and that the team no longer exists, so I settled on the home Yandle. I enjoy wearing the black 3rd Moss more (howling coyote head looks great, but it's big and kinda clunky as you sit in a seat / eat dinner / etc), but how can I not rock the howling coyote head?

:coyotes

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
These 2 games against the Oilers and Flames should be victories. I expect nothing less, 4 points in 2 regulation wins. Let's do it!

CK, enjoy the trip! That sounds awesome, and would love to do that someday. It always seems like the Coyotes make this trip every year, so makes sense to go enjoy some road hockey and just follow the Coyotes around when they are doing it!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This will be an interesting matchup. The Oilers have been playing quite well (better than the Coyotes). Still, this is a must win (and the one against Calgary) IMO as the team has to get its **** together and WIN the winnable games.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Who's starting for the Oil tonight?

Game is tomorrow. In any event, Dubnyk is their only healthy goalie right now. Both Bryzgalov and Bachmann are injured as it stands. Next in line, some guy in the minors by the name of Jason LaBarbera...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think so, but I haven't heard anything further on Bryz's neck injury. He may be ready to go.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Looks like you will be really experiencing Canadian winter as well. Would love to see the look on your face when you walk out of airport to -20 and snowing!!!! Enjoy the trip, Edmonton is a fantastic place for a hockey fan.

Who's got two thumbs, an hf avatar that annoys other Coyotes fans and a ticket to this one at Rexall?

THIS GUY

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Looks like you will be really experiencing Canadian winter as well. Would love to see the look on your face when you walk out of airport to -20 and snowing!!!! Enjoy the trip, Edmonton is a fantastic place for a hockey fan.
I'll assume the minus is a typo and this is Celsius which translates to a nice, happy 70ish in 'murrica.

Currently enjoying the astonishingly cheap beer at Sky Harbor and weighing my options for dealing with this. I can just buy souvenir Oil Kings / Hitmen pucks online and have them shipped, right? :sarcasm:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Enjoy the trip and let us know how it goes.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I always enjoy the winter wonderland more when playing the role of visitor than living in it. It'd be nice to see some games up north at this time. Enjoy the trip.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
These 2 games against the Oilers and Flames should be victories. I expect nothing less, 4 points in 2 regulation wins. Let's do it!

CK, enjoy the trip! That sounds awesome, and would love to do that someday. It always seems like the Coyotes make this trip every year, so makes sense to go enjoy some road hockey and just follow the Coyotes around when they are doing it!

I honestly wouldn't mind if they came in the shootout or OT instead. I don't think the Flames or Oilers are threats this year at all to contend for a playoff spot so if it takes extra time to get the 2 points, therefore awarding them 1, it shouldn't matter.

All that matters is 4 points in these 2 games. I'll take them any way we can get them.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
56m4j.jpg

This worked for the Wild game.

Sm4ckSm4sh

This is Atomic Love
Mar 12, 2010

THIS GUY

I'll be at the Vancouver game too. Well both Coyotes/Canucks games(Jan 26th). Wayyy up in the nosebleeds.

I'll be rocking my Shane Doan jersey. My girlfriend is a Canucks fan so I'm hoping it will be a good one and the 'Yotes can go 3-0 this week with a giant win in Vancouver

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I honestly wouldn't mind if they came in the shootout or OT instead. I don't think the Flames or Oilers are threats this year at all to contend for a playoff spot so if it takes extra time to get the 2 points, therefore awarding them 1, it shouldn't matter.

All that matters is 4 points in these 2 games. I'll take them any way we can get them.

Don't forget that ROW (regulation wins) is a tie breaker. A 60-minute win is best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad