Confirmed with Link: Coyotes offer Bill Armstrong GM position (update: confirmed as GM)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So. Any interest in OEL? I’m sure the Armstrongs are eager to have their first trade negotiation as opponents rather than allies. :)
I would pass, personally. We need to focus on re-stocking our prospect pool. Especially with Tarasenko’s future now in question as well, I think we need to start accumulating assets rather than trading them away.

If we need a d-man, I think we could find one cheaper than OEL, whether that’s through FA or trade.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
What about this suggests a lack of loyalty to you? It’s a huge opportunity for him, and sounds like he has the full support of the Blues organization who certainly were asked for permission to contact him.
I was talking about using all of his work prepping with the Blues to draft guys for the Yotes that the Blues have their eye on for this upcoming draft. I also didn’t question his loyalty at all.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Because there are other GM duties besides just the draft... free agency literally starts like 2 days after the draft.

They need someone to negotiate contracts with players and trades with GMs. Asking them to wait to hire a GM is crazy talk.
I understand all of that that. I was talking about the draft being Bill’s wheelhouse and I’d imagine he put a lot of effort into scouting and planning for this draft for the Blues, not the Yotes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski and Hjalmarsson spent most of last season playing on the right side. Obviously no where near the caliber of Pietrangelo but certainly much cheaper to acquire and fit under the cap.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Goligoski and Hjalmarsson spent most of last season playing on the right side. Obviously no where near the caliber of Pietrangelo but certainly much cheaper to acquire and fit under the cap.
Is Hjalmarsson still pretty good defensively? If so I wouldn’t be totally opposed to putting him with Faulk

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Is Hjalmarsson still pretty good defensively? If so I wouldn’t be totally opposed to putting him with Faulk
He didn’t play well in the bubble. But I’d say for the rest of his time in Arizona, he’s been the best shut-down D on the ice for either a team, in any given game roughly 75% of the time. Just my opinion. Like Goligoski, he can play either side, and plays both pretty regularly.

Reactions: Blueston

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Yes to Hjarlmessson. Doubt we’re going to see a Tallon type situation but you never know.

The Yotes had a number of big trades with the Hawks, so they are against dealing with a team there is a connection/relationship to.

Last edited:

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
I could see a scenario (not looking at specifics so apologies in advance for the spitball) where they could talk about making a deal for Petro's rights in exchange for a tasty package. I'm sure he wouldn't want to sign there, which of course would be the biggest hangup. Sad that Bill had to go to a poop destination. Having said that, they do want to restock on picks, so if Petro walks, we might be able to get OEL for some futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad