Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Name Cohen Team President and CEO

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I've always had the hunch that the team would relocate.

The threat of relocation I don't think is any more real than it has been in the past. The 202 bypass might actually enable a lot of us to go out there during the week. And maybe that really does help. But in all honesty I don't feel like the possibility of relocating is any higher than it has been in the past. It was always high.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't think it's pure cynicism. A little, yes. But analyzing what happened between the various Coyotes ownership incarnations and Glendale, then analyzing the dearth of any expressed interest from other Valley cities outside of Phoenix itself, and then taking into account the fact that the guy brought in specifically to woo municipalities into an arena-building partnership is no longer with the club... I think a concrete case can be made from the data itself and not just cynicism (or, in the case of certain camelids, schadenfreude) that there is no existing market for or advanced interest in a new arena build on the east side.
Google only brought up camel information, so I'm at a loss for the meaning of camelids here lol.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Last I heard, the Coyotes were saying “New EV arena or sayonara.” Now it’s “Build the following, build the team, then get a new arena” ??

More than ever during the past 3 years, I fear that the truth is that Barroway is looking to sell to someone who will move the team. The “sayonara” option.

Simple fact is that the Suns, Dbacks and Coyotes want new arenas. The Coyotes have the newest and nicest arena and are by far last to get one on that list. The first two are having trouble getting their talks off the ground. Where does that leave the Yotes? They aren't getting their subsidy any time soon.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Simple fact is that the Suns, Dbacks and Coyotes want new arenas. The Coyotes have the newest and nicest arena and are by far last to get one on that list. The first two are having trouble getting their talks off the ground. Where does that leave the Yotes? They aren't getting their subsidy any time soon.
Not from a city. But MAYBE from a tribe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad