Coyotes introduce "Weekender" ticket plan

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Arizona Coyotes announced today that the club will launch a new ticket plan called he "Weekender" on Saturday, May 19 at the team's Open House/Skating Party at Gila River Arena from 1-4 p.m.

The "Weekender" ticket package will allow fans to purchase tickets for all Coyotes regular season Friday, Saturday and Sunday home games. The Coyotes expect to have approximately 21 weekend games during the 2018-19 season.

Coyotes to Launch 'Weekender' Ticket Plan on Saturday

This is pretty neat idea. Hopefully it gets more people to upgrade to this package, rather than trading in full STH for this.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Good idea. Last season, they played at home on 3 Fridays, 17 Saturdays, and 2 Sundays. In my 13-game pack every season, I typically have 8 or 9 Saturday games, since I have to go across town to get to the arena.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
This is definitely a smart idea. I am always nearly seduced by the thought of getting season tickets but usually back down. Something like this is even more seductive to me because the weekday games are what discourages me from getting tickets. Unfortunately my main hockey buddy is off doing his own thing in Tempe most of the time these days so I do not really have anyone to go with. My wife and daughter will go to a couple of games a year with me, but not 21.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Anyone interested in doing this, if we want a board 40 section I don’t mind signing up with a few of you. I don’t even care if it’s upper level to fit others budgets.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Should they have a weekday plan? The weekend games usually do pretty well in attendance but weekday games are pretty thin.

Either way the Coyotes have launched many different plans and there is pretty much something for everyone, which is a good thing.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Should they have a weekday plan? The weekend games usually do pretty well in attendance but weekday games are pretty thin.

Either way the Coyotes have launched many different plans and there is pretty much something for everyone, which is a good thing.

Even the dirt cheap tickets on stub hub won’t get me to go to a game on a week day. It’s not the price of the games. It’s that dreaded drive from east to west valley.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

I think there's some merit to trying to jam pack max out the weekend games. The weekday games are a more a function of work schedules than anything.
But casual/new fans are likely to go to weekend games. So you want them to be jam packed with the best atmosphere possible of actual Coyotes fans.

If you're average weekday game is 65% and the average weekend one is 80%, taking the weekend games to 85-90 vs a marginal improvement on the weekday games seems like a better situation.

If it makes any difference at all anyway. What does make a difference is those summer plan things like the Diamondbacks and other teams have now started doing.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I saw this interesting video that talked about the Coyotes schedule last year and how so many of the home games were back loaded second half of the season. That coupled with what you are seeing here with a heavy emphasis on weekend games shows that the NHL is trying to find a way to make it work in Arizona. It also could explain some of how the Coyotes season went with the heavy road schedule, losing early in the season, and heavy home schedule, winning in the second half of the season.

It would be interesting to see if they plan a lot of mini-road trips during the weekdays. Off to Dallas, Vegas, California or Denver where the travel is not so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->