Confirmed with Link: Coyotes hire John Knebel as EVP Corporate Partnerships/Premium Seating

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
If the intent is to stick around here (which I hope it is) this position is the toughest job in town.
And best of luck to you.
John Pierce came here as the olympic marketer and a year later now mans a chalk board at the ASU Carey business school.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is this thread kinda 'tongue in cheek'?....I thought the 'Yotes were abandoning Glendale and building a rink somewhere else in the Phoenix area?...good luck filling the current rink if that's the case.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Is this thread kinda 'tongue in cheek'?....I thought the 'Yotes were abandoning Glendale and building a rink somewhere else in the Phoenix area?...good luck filling the current rink if that's the case.
Well IF and that's a big IF the Coyotes were to move, Knebel would go with them, he wouldn't be stuck with the impossible task of filling a Coyotes-less Gila River Arena.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
And you'd have priority at a new arena if you had seats at the old one.

Maybe. I was wondering about that. Wonder if this new premium seating guy wants to sell the first rows of a lower bowl section to some big company and some big company wants it.
It includes my seat.
Im the only one in my row who has bought a seat.
Would they let one puny fan stand in the way of selling the entire row to some company?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Oh, I don't know if its the toughest job in town. The Dbacks have such a hard time filling the ballpark that they want to reduce the capacity (that is, if they don't just leave.) Their suites go empty too.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Handling suite accounts is a Vice Presidential-level post now?

Really pretentious title for a sales rep / hospitality guy.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Handling suite accounts is a Vice Presidential-level post now?

Really pretentious title for a sales rep / hospitality guy.

He probably oversees a team responsible for these duties, rather than performing them himself. That may include folks from multiple departments like marketing and data and also sales/account management. If he's been tasked with rallying these pieces and growing this area of opportunity by completely overhauling current processes than usually guys who come in to do that sort of thing get fancier titles and don't stay around as long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad