Confirmed with Link: Coyotes hire Charles Barkley (!) as "special advisor"

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Checked standings, incorrect.

Someone who did the math said team is eight in the west since new years eve. Thats play-off caliber.

I think you might have missed the point.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
It's pointless, the season is the whole season and we aren't close.

Imagine being Calgary Flames, having traded away their first-rounder for some guy, paying extra. And then missing the play-offs. Should they hope for not winning the lottery? What difference would it make?

So somebody has worse days. Trying to cheer you up here.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Imagine being Calgary Flames, having traded away their first-rounder for some guy, paying extra. And then missing the play-offs. Should they hope for not winning the lottery? What difference would it make?

So somebody has worse days. Trying to cheer you up here.
I don't need cheering up, I just happen to be more of a realist.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Would you mind offering your definition of progress? I’m fascinated by your logic.
It is progress, it should be exciting, it should be celebrated. BUT playoffs come from a formula, you can't take half of your results, double it and claim you are there.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It is progress, it should be exciting, it should be celebrated. BUT playoffs come from a formula, you can't take half of your results, double it and claim you are there.
So you’re just making sure no one is confused and thinks we qualified for the playoffs? Got it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So you’re just making sure no one is confused and thinks we qualified for the playoffs? Got it.
No, I just corrected a poster that wrote we are a playoff caliber team. We are not, we are a team that is playing well and I'm excitedly hopeful that it translates to next season and the growth continues.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No, I just corrected a poster that wrote we are a playoff caliber team. We are not, we are a team that is playing well and I'm excitedly hopeful that it translates to next season and the growth continues.
I agree. The Edmonton Oilers made a lot of progress last season. They were a very popular dark horse for contention this season. Look how easily it all fell apart. That on the heels of a Cinderella playoff birth, not simply a strong 2nd half that resulted in them no longer being the worst team league, but the proud owners of the 3rd or 4th worst record in the NHL. I would say our little resurgence pales in comparison to what the Oilers did last season. They still fell flat on their faces this season, and that club should continue to serve as a cautionary tale for all of us.

Reactions: Ebbisen

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I agree. The Edmonton Oilers made a lot of progress last season. They were a very popular dark horse for contention this season. Look how easily it all fell apart. That on the heels of a Cinderella playoff birth, not simply a strong 2nd half that resulted in them no longer being the worst team league, but the proud owners of the 3rd or 4th worst record in the NHL. I would say our little resurgence pales in comparison to what the Oilers did last season. They still fell flat on their faces this season, and that club should continue to serve as a cautionary tale for all of us.
So we have Edmonton, and the NY Islanders, both teams with a bona fide star center, who never get anywhere despite the star players. We have Pittsburgh and Washington, both with star players, who are always in the playoffs. The difference? Washington and Pittsburgh acquired good goalies and a good blue line. We have an excellent blue line and what looks to be an excellent goalie. We build up our forwards over the next 2 years and we can go on a multi-year run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad