Coyotes hire Arena Consultant - News in Two Weeks or Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If Toronto signs Stamkos they are in win now mode. I'd try to add players that help them now to the #7 to move to #1. Like maybe Hanzal and Duclair to start. It won't happen anyway but I'd hate to move a package of pics and our best prospects for someone that may or may not be a top player. Not sure if this organization can afford that kind of risk.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah but I bet they know if he's going to sign with them or not already. He's getting the max wherever he goes and I'm sure he knows the teams that will offer him that. I would think he's already told Toronto if he will sign there. He'd instantly be the king of the city. Does he want that pressure or not?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
That'd be tampering.

This. There haven't been any conversations between Toronto and Stamkos. The only talking that has been done is the media, and while that may be enough to persuade both parties to pull the trigger, there is no such thing as a "handshake agreement" between Stamkos and Toronto. For all we know, he could sign anywhere this summer. Fans have just been relying on the media for speculation.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't believe that. They might not have spoken to him personal but I'd bet the house there has been conversations with his agent.

Which is tampering. Which if discovered could have meant that Tampa gets awarded Matthews. That's a big risk to take for a jump start on talks. So I'd bet there hasn't been any such communication.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah but I bet they know if he's going to sign with them or not already. He's getting the max wherever he goes and I'm sure he knows the teams that will offer him that. I would think he's already told Toronto if he will sign there. He'd instantly be the king of the city. Does he want that pressure or not?

That'd be tampering.

This. There haven't been any conversations between Toronto and Stamkos. The only talking that has been done is the media, and while that may be enough to persuade both parties to pull the trigger, there is no such thing as a "handshake agreement" between Stamkos and Toronto. For all we know, he could sign anywhere this summer. Fans have just been relying on the media for speculation.

I don't believe that. They might not have spoken to him personal but I'd bet the house there has been conversations with his agent.

Which is tampering. Which if discovered could have meant that Tampa gets awarded Matthews. That's a big risk to take for a jump start on talks. So I'd bet there hasn't been any such communication.

There is no way Toronto has talked to his agent. Players talk among themselves, and maybe management has heard something thru the grapevine, but that is about it. Like rt mentioned, not worth the risk.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Without looking at numbers and past successes. How much better is Mathews than Domi in pure raw talent? It cannot be that far lopsided.

I haven't had time to watch the potential of Mathews but I've seen enough of domi to know he's a gem.

I wouldn't trade Domi, Dvorak and the 7OA for Mathews, I know that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Without looking at numbers and past successes. How much better is Mathews than Domi in pure raw talent? It cannot be that far lopsided.

I haven't had time to watch the potential of Mathews but I've seen enough of domi to know he's a gem.

I wouldn't trade Domi, Dvorak and the 7OA for Mathews, I know that.

Either would I, but if you take any one of those three out of the trade, I would do it. Domi and Duke had a great first year, but this second year will give us a much better read on what type of players they really are.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Either would I, but if you take any one of those three out of the trade, I would do it. Domi and Duke had a great first year, but this second year will give us a much better read on what type of players they really are.

And what does this have to do with arena discussion?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Isn't there an interview period a week before free agency where teams can talk to free agents but not finalize contract? Wouldn't the Leafs or whoever have a really good indication from Stamkos if he was interested in signing with them?
That'd be tampering.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Isn't there an interview period a week before free agency where teams can talk to free agents but not finalize contract? Wouldn't the Leafs or whoever have a really good indication from Stamkos if he was interested in signing with them?

Starts day two of the draft. First round is in the books.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
<2 weeks til Jun 24. Do we get arena news by then?

My guess we'll hear a "we're in advanced conversation with one of the locations....." broad message which essentially means nothing.

Risk isn't high given expected LV expansion announcement and Carolina ownership situation, but still doesn't bode well for UFA pursuits.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think we'll get vague assurances for 10-11 months and then the team will relocate to another market out of state.
you really believe that? I'd be shocked personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad