Coyotes hire Arena Consultant - News in Two Weeks or Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig Morgan writes what he's been told. So if he gets information from LeBlanc or some other member of IA is he supposed to make up something else so that he won't be looked at as an IA stooge?? Or does he write what he was told??

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Craig Morgan writes what he's been told. So if he gets information from LeBlanc or some other member of IA is he supposed to make up something else so that he won't be looked at as an IA stooge?? Or does he write what he was told??

His reportage is one thing. If you look at his op-ed pieces, though, they toe the IA party line rigidly.

The advantage to this is that he gets access to the owners that other reporters can't, but IMO at the cost of his objectivity.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I was thinking 2 weeks, but thought I'd ask the experts. When do ya'll think we will have a stadium announcement?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was thinking 2 weeks, but thought I'd ask the experts. When do ya'll think we will have a stadium announcement?

I'm starting to doubt this team finds a local home. Starting to suspect empty promises for the next ten months until they move out of state. We'll eventually get the Tuscon team up here.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm starting to doubt this team finds a local home. Starting to suspect empty promises for the next ten months until they move out of state. We'll eventually get the Tuscon team up here.

After all these years of emotional misery, I feel absolutely ground down. I am so ready for a resolution. :(

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
If that's the case and it's for a shared NHL arena, I'm sure we'll all forgive the ownership group for imaginary double crosses and suspected future betrayals. Haha. :)

The location is right next door to Karsten Golf Course which has publicly been reported as a potential site.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think most of us are just at a "show don't tell" point with ownership because we've heard the same old song and dance before. If they announce a new arena partnership and lease I think most will get off their back. Hopefully that happens very soon.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think most of us are just at a "show don't tell" point with ownership because we've heard the same old song and dance before. If they announce a new arena partnership and lease I think most will get off their back. Hopefully that happens very soon.

Exactly. Anyone who continues to hate if they announce Tempe is a done deal is just a hater.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Reading the Phoenix Business Journal article that KTAR links to, I'm not sure that the hockey arena they're mentioning is one that is NHL-sized, particularly if they're mentioning an adjacent gymnastics arena on the same site.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
This article is nothing more than a waste of our time as I don't see anything confirming the Coyotes playing at this location.

LOL, this guy

Yeah, the development of a Sports facility district in an area that has been rumored to be the location of a potential new Yotes rink in Tempe..

Not applicable to this forum or thread at all.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'll be ecstatic if the Coyotes move to this Tempe location. I'm over the moon about the Tucson AHL team, too. Also, the new uniforms are really cool. I'm pretty happy with the ownership group should they manage to land this Tempe arena deal. I'm not super mad Maloney was fired. I called for it a number of times. My only complaint I have remaining is handing the keys to the castle to Dave Tippett. Even that might still work out. It hasn't yet been given a chance. I suspect it will fail miserably, but it might not. So, if this Tempe thing is real, I'm happy and don't have much negative to say about the whole ownership situation since IA took over.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
LOL, this guy

Yeah, the development of a Sports facility district in an area that has been rumored to be the location of a potential new Yotes rink in Tempe..

It's definitely applicable. The question at hand is the scope of the sports district. It read to me in the PBJ article that they are looking at developing an arena complex for multiple sports, which would not suit the Coyotes' needs.

Need to wait for more confirmed details before we can go one way or the other.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
LOL, this guy

Let's take a look at the previous post by you.

http://ktar.com/story/1103546/arizo...first-phase-for-athletic-facilities-district/

Everyone too busy bickering about Hanzal? Or how much our owners suck?

1st you made it sound as if nobody read the article before you posted this. I'm sure plenty of people read the article but didn't bother to post it because it's not confirming the Coyotes staying in Arizona(which btw is the really the only question from ownership that Coyotes fans want answered for quite sometime and are growing impatient with the lack of a real answer). 2nd your rhetorical questions in this post were nothing more than a shot at everyone at this board while you continue use this schtick that screams "I know more than everyone here and I know what the owners are really doing". even though I don't see anything of great detailed information on your end to back up your claims. Going forward with arena plans doesn't mean the team is staying. Downtown Phoenix could go forward with a new arena deal tomorrow and that doesn't mean the Coyotes will be in it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
This article is nothing more than a waste of our time as I don't see anything confirming the Coyotes playing at this location.

LOL, this guy

Actually I'm siding with gra on this.

Anything short of a real confirmation at this point is pointless. And I'm saying this as the one person who's been consistently spitting in the BoH winds for the last 7 odd years.

Coyotes fans have had enough rumors. They need (and deserve) something set in stone.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Much as I would like that to be for the Coyotes at that site, I have a feeling this is the 'Olympic sports' ASU facility that I've seen mentioned before, around the time the D-I move was announced, I think (but am too lazy to go look up).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'll be ecstatic if the Coyotes move to this Tempe location. I'm over the moon about the Tucson AHL team, too. Also, the new uniforms are really cool. I'm pretty happy with the ownership group should they manage to land this Tempe arena deal. I'm not super mad Maloney was fired. I called for it a number of times. My only complaint I have remaining is handing the keys to the castle to Dave Tippett. Even that might still work out. It hasn't yet been given a chance. I suspect it will fail miserably, but it might not. So, if this Tempe thing is real, I'm happy and don't have much negative to say about the whole ownership situation since IA took over.

That new medication seems to be working out well for you:laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If I understand this correctly, what the stadium district means is that one can fast track an agreement and financing as there needs to be no public or or legislative vote in order to go forward with an NHL arena.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
A small arena for ASU hockey would not generate revenue for renovations at Sun Devil Stadium, as the article identifies as the impetus for the district. Is some private developer really going to build a small hockey arena on that land, to host 20 events of 4,000 people paying $10 a seat? They would struggle to cover event related costs - forget about paying rent.

Logically, the development should be something that generates pro level revenue, and allows ASU hockey and others piggyback.

A gymnastics facility is no big deal. It's a warehouse with bleachers that can double as convention space.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
I can't see how building a shopping district and condos would be needed for a small rink and a gymnastics facility..

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The location is right next door to Karsten Golf Course which has publicly been reported as a potential site.

So you literally know nothing, just trying to put two things together. The AFD has been in the works long before the Coyotes became a thing. The realities of financing an NHL sized arena haven't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad