Coyotes for Sale?

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Hecht, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Hecht

Hecht Registered User

Home Page:
    According to TSN

The report claims the Majority owner is putting up their 70% of ownership up. The minority owner is denying this.. discuss.

2. Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky Registered User

Hamster Trainer
    I just calculated my surplus for this month, and I think it's about $1400 bucks. Anyone wanna go in with me and snap this deal up???

3. Benji Frank

Benji Frank Registered User

Home Page:
    Richard Burke and Steven Gluckstern stole the Jets from Winnipeg ... Benji Frank is steeling them back!!! :D :madfire: :D

4. VAN-HAB

VAN-HAB Vancouver Habitant

Count me in, just won $2000 at 6/49 :yo:

5. no13matssundin

no13matssundin Registered User

Are they for sale?

Hope so. Then we can contract their useless-non-hockey market butts. Or move them back to Winnipeg.

6. Chili

Chili Registered User

Hey, it worked for John Spanos.

7. MarkZackKarl

MarkZackKarl Registered User

Home Page:
    Its doubtful they would move, they just built an arena.

8. Brent Burns Beard

Brent Burns Beard DontTouchMyDonskoi!

yup, another trustworthy owner that we should all pressure hte players into "partnering" with.

but of course the owners arent cheating about their NHL finances. they only cheat about their other businesses.

dr

9. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

The drivel continues.
    I dont recall seeing that he has been convicted of anything. Please post the link if you have.
    I also wonder if you have the link showing that Rob Ray was successful in his NHLPA lawsuit. Better yet, the one that shows that David Frost & Goodenough are buds & thats how Frost keeps his agency status.

10. Brent Burns Beard

what are you talking about ? What does Ray, Frost and Goodenow have to do with another NHL owner being investigated by the securties commision ?

dr

11. Buffaloed

Buffaloed webmaster

I'm sure they have a long-term lease, but that can be broken if the team if forced into bankruptcy. The NHL would then assume control much like the recent Sabres saga. The NHL would try to keep the team in Phoenix, but that would depend on whether bidder came forward with that intention.

12. Buffaloed

Buffaloed webmaster

Gretzky sure knows how to pick 'em. :lol

13. Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky Registered User

Hamster Trainer

Hmmmm, none of these guys were in trouble before they got involved with that Cheeky Gretzky. Could he be the true culprit??? :joker:

14. LadyStanley

LadyStanley RIP Fugu

15. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

What are you talking about? An owner is been investigated. He hasnt been convicted. You somehow extrapolate the fact he is being investigated to show show some sort of moral turpitude on behalf of all the owners.
    One might as well use all the drug busts, DUI's, vehicular homocides (whether convicted or not) & god knows what else to paint all the players with one brush, its about as relevent. I thought you might be able to figure that out from my post. Alas, I was wrong.
    Your bias is a joke. The least you could do would be to make sense in the process.

16. Brent Burns Beard

well, no one is asking or pressuring anyone to partner with the players, so your point is moot.

dr

17. Brent Burns Beard

as well, these charges have nothing to do with finances and accounting. they are not central to the issues of the lockout, where as securities investigations are.

dr

18. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

No, but your asking the owners to pony up big bucks, with no accountablity in the current scheme of CBA, to a bunch of drugged up, hit man seeking, drinking & driving,vehicular homocide offenders. That is relevent as part of the problem is that all the contracts are guaranteed, & I have yet to hear th apologists for the NHLPA take that off the table.

19. Brent Burns Beard

lol ... now you are being silly.

as for the guaranteed contract issue, why should we want a system where PHI isnt stuck with Leclair, NYR stuck with Holik, DET stuck with Cujo, DAL stuck with Turgeon, Young and Guerin.

let them waste millions, a contract is a contract. secondly, if PHI didnt pay Leclair 9m, they could take that money and buy 2 or 3 "actually" good players. Paying 9m to Leclair helps keep PHI in the pack with the rest of hte league, otherwise they would be soaring even higher.

DR

20. It Kills Me

It Kills Me Registered User

Lets hope they go away.

Now I have 20,000 so far for university, lets go and buy em.

21. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

Yeah I am, but so is the fact that one owner is been investigated, to say nothing of even been convicted, to imply that ownership as a group are not honest.
    And in terms of a contract been a contract, true enough but the owners are not at liberty with the current CBA to make a say,a 5 year contract terminable on 30 days notice, nor can they put in most contract's that the guy can be sent to the minors . So there is hardly what one could characterize as freedom of contract.

22. rt

rt DingDongTippIsGone! Sponsor

I don't think that Moyes owns anywhere near 70% of the club. I'll research that later, but I'm pretty sure TSN has got that wrong.

23. GabbyDugan

GabbyDugan Registered User

In this case, it would be far more complicated than that. The City of Glendale gave Ellman a lot of money and valuable land to develop the area around the arena, and Glendale diverted some of their state sales taxes to provide funding for construction of the arena.
    I'm not so sure the NHL wants to get into another "forced into bankruptcy" mess, along with all the myths that get attached to that kind of scenario.

At any rate, it was a nice job of hockey business reporting by David Shoalts, but I can't find any reports about this from Arizona. The Arizona Republic and other Arizon media websites have nothing about this, so perhaps Ellman and Moyes are just looking for even more leverage and a few more gifts from the very pliable Glendale City Council.

Almost lost in the Shoalts article was the comment that Disney may have a deal in the works for the Ducks. Since it looks like the operator of the Arrowhead Pond will be purchasing the team, once again the NHL can report the sale price for the team for any figure it chooses, and Bettman can continue the myth that NHL franchise values are continuing to climb.

24. GabbyDugan

GabbyDugan Registered User

25. Hockeyfan02

Hockeyfan02 Registered User

Home Page:
    Not gonna happen when they just built a new arena about a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.