Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Extend Lyubushkin 1-year

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I think he's gonna surprise people this year. Kid came to a new country, doesn't speak much English, different size ice, new system, new D partners and still looked like he belongs on an NHL roster. So excited for this!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Has anyone ever seen an interview or any other on camera interaction with him? Surely by March he'd acquired at least a little broken English...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Like it. Need a Russian on the roster to help translate when Podkolzin falls to 14.
If we did get Podkolzin at 14, I’d love to target Daniil Misyul at 45. Huge, skates like the wind, hits to hurt, and gets into face punching contests in the KHL. Podkolzin is the Russian Doan and Misyul is the Russian Phaneuf.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Looks as if Chayka’s going to go with 8 D-men on the roster. Don’t think KConn will going anywhere unless it facilitates a trade. And doubt he gets extended after the season.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Looks as if Chayka’s going to go with 8 D-men on the roster. Don’t think KConn will going anywhere unless it facilitates a trade. And doubt he gets extended after the season.

1 OEL
2 Goligoski
3 Hammer
4 Demers
5 Oesterle
6 Chychrun
7 Lyubushkin
8 Capobianco

I think 8 defensemen is the way to go but I don’t think there is room for KConn.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
1 OEL
2 Goligoski
3 Hammer
4 Demers
5 Oesterle
6 Chychrun
7 Lyubushkin
8 Capobianco

I think 8 defensemen is the way to go but I don’t think there is room for KConn.

Capo isn’t going to be ready. Even if they gave him transfusions from Chychrun.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Should be pretty close, no? Especially for an eight defenseman. Can always use someone like Mermis in his place.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Should be pretty close, no? Especially for an eight defenseman. Can always use someone like Mermis in his place.

His blew the knee up (both sides IIRC) on February 6th. Given 6 months minimum for rehab puts him in the middle of August before he could even put skates on.

As a comparison Nick Merkley went down on March 28 the previous year and couldn’t be reactivated until November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad