GDT: Coyotes @ Ducks - 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I completely agree. Schenn has been better without the puck, and Sustr better with the puck.

Terry can absolutely hang with that line, but I agree that they were a little bit too cute tonight. Still had a number of quality opportunities and most dangerous line IMO.

Didn't notice Strome much(but honestly wasn't paying too much attention), the player that really stood out to me was Perlini. He was a force with his size, was dangerous throughout the game, and had his nose in the middle of everything tonight.

Was I the only one completely thrown off that Kevin Klima's jersey says in fact "Kevin Klima" on the back?

Kevin Klima's twin brother Kelly is also in camp with Arizona.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My take from yesterday:

Sherwood looked a lot better. I noticed him doing good things. Made a nice pass on fowler’s goal. Maybe being with better line mates helped.

I really like Mahura. I put him as our #5 (Unpopular opinion I’m sure).He is not super slow for his size, and he picks good angles when defending players. He also is no slouch with the puck.

Peterson was meh. Doesnt look that good.

Steel finally broke through with the nice goal. Good for him. He needs to learn how to not lose every faceoff though.

Terry does alright, but isn’t top line quality. He could maybe plug in against lighter competition Idk. He didn’t look bad or anything.

Getz and Rakel literally ignore the other 3 teammates on the ice. They circle around and wait for the other person to get open regardless of who else is open.

Sustr with some dumb plays, but still no Bieksa. Schenn didn’t look slow to me. He was not too noticeable.

Lundstrom didn’t look out of place, but didn’t accomplish anything either.

The team looked a lot better overall, but that phx team they iced was traaaaaaaaash.

Also Gibson doesn’t bleed bs goals, and that confidence eminates to the team.

I agree with most of this.

I think Mahura might have played himself into that 5 spot, or at least making the decision very difficult... but since rookie camp/training camp etc... hes been by a pretty fair margin the best out of Pettersson/Larsson/and himself.

I know a lot of people thought maybe pettersson was going to be a top 4 guy, but I still see him as a solid bottom pairing guy. Larsson to me doesn't impress/get me to notice him but I still think there is a lot of potential with him.... pretty sure you can see me saying same things about Lindholm before he became a regular

I think steel brings a lot to the team that we lack... and even though the points havnt really come in the preseason... hes a threat in open ice(powerplays; which we could use)… I think if we give him solid line mates like 1 of rakell/Kase he could do some damage with his vision/iq offensively... I think hell get the center spot over lundestrom. As for lundestrom… he could be a solid 3c right now but I think there is really no need to rush him, let him progress more. Between him and Steel, I just think Steel fits our need a lil more then lundestrom.

Sustr was a bad signing from the start.... schenn was okay as a 6/7 guy but Sustr was just a meh.... but like you said ill take both with 1 leg over bieska.

Ive gone with the Palmeiri comparison with Terry a couple times before and I still kinda see it... I think hes a guy that will get more confident the more he plays/chances he gets and once he starts to get going, youll start noticing him/being impressed by him.

I love Gibson... but I hate the fact that hes going to likely keep RC around due to him being a top 3 goalie in the nhl.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

quacktastic93

Dec 9, 2017
is anyone actually at the game or are we all just gonna guess how everyone's playing
I was at the game last night only for the first 2 periods though, the first period was pretty even, the second was alot better ducks looked to turn the heat up a lil, steel and mahura looked good, cogs was also skating really well( like usual)

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I'd hold off on penciling Steel in for the 3C spot. He's been great this preseason but faceoffs need a lot of work and he might slide to the wing until he can win more consistently on the dot.

Reactions: Lyons71

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If they were thinking about playing him at wing he would have already.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'd hold off on penciling Steel in for the 3C spot. He's been great this preseason but faceoffs need a lot of work and he might slide to the wing until he can win more consistently on the dot.

I don't think we have room on the wing. We definitely have a spot at center.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
You can always help him on faceoffs by having another C out there to take the draw in the D zone. And if he's really struggling, you can have one of the wingers take the draw in other areas of the ice. We have some wingers like Cogs who are decent on faceoffs.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You can always help him on faceoffs by having another C out there to take the draw in the D zone. And if he's really struggling, you can have one of the wingers take the draw in other areas of the ice. We have some wingers like Cogs who are decent on faceoffs.
I'd rather make sure to keep him at center. You have to let him learn in the position you want him to play. Don't want to stunt his growth there and wind up with just another winger.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I forgot to mention earlier: Montour was on a mission in the game Monday. He was hitting and making plays all over the place.

He’s going to try to lead our d in scoring for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad