Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Eric Comrie off waivers from WPG

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Something must be going on with Hill. Tocchet said that he there was something other than injury that was going on with him that he wasn't going to talk about. That's the only rationale I can see for this move because we're already in kind of a goalie glut.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hill may want out.

He's stuck behind Kuemper/Raanta short-term and Prosvetov long-term.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Please don't let this be a Jack Johnson ++ for Hill-type deal. Johnson is definitely going, better not be here.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't get how this helps if Hill is the issue? Comrie still has to clear waivers to reach Tucson, and seeing Winnipeg signed him for 2 years less than a month ago why would they not take him back?

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Pipe dream deal - Hill + Fischer + 1st rd + 3rd rd for Nylander.

TOR will be fighting for a playoff spot if Andersen goes down. They have no one behind him.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Pipe dream deal - Hill + Fischer + 1st rd + 3rd rd for Nylander.

TOR will be fighting for a playoff spot if Andersen goes down. They have no one behind him.
I don't know what Hill will be but I don't look at his numbers and think he is the answer to anyone's NHL goaltending.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Best case: they have decided Comrie is gonna be stellar in a few more games. They traded for Kuemper, and was right about him. Perhaps someone is really good at evaluating goalies?

Bad case: it's a Pickard-type claim. They knew Pickard was nothing special, but needed a goalie just to sit on the bench and be bored, so the goalies who needs to improve their game can play further down in the organization.

Worst case: Hill demands out, Kuemper is injured, Raanta needs to amputate his torso, and the world will be invaded by aliens, so Illuminati wants a smoke-screen about it.

I must admit I was wondering if it was smart (I mean would have been smart, didn't happen of course, just editing here...) to claim Dansk if Raanta is a goner, as he seems to have had unbeliveable numbers when he played. But hey.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't get how this helps if Hill is the issue? Comrie still has to clear waivers to reach Tucson, and seeing Winnipeg signed him for 2 years less than a month ago why would they not take him back?
Maybe a trade?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Or DeSmith.

Yeah, people are talking about his cap-hit, but Coyotes are in trouble anyways- it doesn't look like it's gonna be any capspace accruing (so many hard words, English is so hard :laugh:) anyways.

DeSmith has starter numbers, if you actually thinks the claimed player will play, he should have been the one. Unless of course they actually like Comrie.

I must admit I didn't know Comrie existed, giving away my lack of knowledge, but it's not much to give away anyways. :naughty:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Better goalies were waived this week AND Hill is significantly better than Comrie.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I don't know why Hill would be disgruntled, or if that's even true. Having to spend a few year bouncing because there are a glut of NHL goalies isn't the end of the world and a ton of players do it. We are a proven organization in terms of getting the most of our goalies and they often see their stock go up. I would put my money in playing here for 2-3 years and cash in when the time is right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad