Coyotes at the 2019 World Championships

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Got a notification about Mario Kempe being selected to play for Sweden so figured I could kick off this thread.

Ännu en NHL-svensk klar för VM

(insert joke about goalies not wanting to go to the worlds for fear of being crashed into by Mario Kempe)

Editing in the confirmed 4 participants:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Sweden)
Mario Kempe (Sweden)
Clayton Keller (United States)
Ilya Lyubushkin (Russia)

Honorable mention:

Liam Kirk (United Kingdom)*

*-I don't like calling them team "Great Britain" because that term excludes the island of Ireland and the team represents the entire UK and AHHHHH GET OFF MY LAWN KIDS

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Definitely happy to see Bush get some more playing time. I think he surprised a lot of us with being a useful bottom pairing/7D guy. Brought a lot of toughness that we need too

If we can move Goligoski (if he's willing) and Connauton, I'd be fine with OEL-Hjalms-Demers-Chychrun-Oesterle-Bush along with acquiring/signing another #2 pairing.

Of course, I doubt Goli or KC will be moved :( Of course, I'd be fine with a KC buyout (if possible) just to move the contract out. Of course, I suppose we could explore a Goli buyout as well, but that's a bit pricey/long with other contracts coming up

Reactions: 0point1

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we can move Goligoski (if he's willing) and Connauton, I'd be fine with OEL-Hjalms-Demers-Chychrun-Oesterle-Bush along with acquiring/signing another #2 pairing.

Of course, I doubt Goli or KC will be moved :( Of course, I'd be fine with a KC buyout (if possible) just to move the contract out. Of course, I suppose we could explore a Goli buyout as well, but that's a bit pricey/long with other contracts coming up
Why would you even think about buying out Gogo. Chick took a step back at the end of the year, and Bush and Oesterle are third pairing. I keep Gogo.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
These usually start sometime around when the first round ends right?

May 10. So more like the second round.

(I've noticed that before - that the WC is over here the "consolation prize for people who didn't make the SCP final 4". "World Championship...except for these 100 or so guys")

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Keller is going for USA.

Not confirmed yet but I think Kuemper is going for Canada.

This is very good news. Kuemper had a bad tourny last time, but who knows, perhaps it was very important for him. I would like to speculate that if I'm allowed.

If Keller can finnish of his sophomore slump, it would be fabolous.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Panik is of course with the Slovaks.

I know this is not a roster discussion thread, but he is still a Coyote. It's kind of dishartening you haven't mentioned him, though.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Panik is of course with the Slovaks.

I know this is not a roster discussion thread, but he is still a Coyote. It's kind of dishartening you haven't mentioned him, though.

I don't see Panik on the Slovakia roster.

I do, however, see Ladislav Nagy, and I kind of forgot he existed again after the 2018 Olympics. That guy's still playing, eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad