Speculation: Coyotes are preferred trade destination for Kessel

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
So Arizona has a chance to put a better team on the ice but might decline because they want to stay at the cap basement?? Love this, cap was started to help these teams “compete” yet they are still trying to do the bare minimum meanwhile teams like Toronto, Montreal, Rangers etc would do anything to be able to spend more to improve their team but are handcuffed by the cap. How about less expansion and more relocation?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
So Arizona has a chance to put a better team on the ice but might decline because they want to stay at the cap basement?? Love this, cap was started to help these teams “compete” yet they are still trying to do the bare minimum meanwhile teams like Toronto, Montreal, Rangers etc would do anything to be able to spend more to improve their team but are handcuffed by the cap. How about less expansion and more relocation?
Somebody tell me if I’m wrong but I also believe that Toronto, Montreal and New York is putting money in the smaller markets pockets. Now I’m not saying get rid of the cap so toronto can spend more but if I was one of those teams I’d be pissed off. We help you out by giving you money to compete and you just keep it.

Reactions: Klaus3154

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Says in the original post that he would like to play for Tocchet again

Doesn’t mean that is the only reason. Easy summation of why he would like to go to Arizona
1. Tocchet (Easy to understand after his relationship with Sullivan)
2. No pressure, easy to understand why after his stints with Toronto and Pittsburgh
3. Low state income tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortfuze

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Man, if the Yotes have a change of heart and grab him, that’s kind of a nasty top six with him, Keller, Stepan, Chucky and whoever else they grab. I’d like them a lot in the Pacific.
Don't forget Raanta. Coyotes played like a top 5 squad when he was healthy.

I'd say go for it Phil. You'd be greatly needed in AZ and already know what it takes to win a cup.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He and Tocchet must like one another. I knew that a trade between these two teams almost happened, but I have a mild dislike for Arizona.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Doesn’t mean that is the only reason. Easy summation of why he would like to go to Arizona
1. Tocchet (Easy to understand after his relationship with Sullivan)
2. No pressure, easy to understand why after his stints with Toronto and Pittsburgh
3. No state income tax.

Wrong, there is state income tax in Arizona.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Kessel really found his niche with Pittsburg. If traded to another team especially a poor one, his play would serious regress. Only would think Kessel would maintain his current or near current value as a player with Arizona.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
With speculation that Kessel wants to move, and Panarin would consider a trade, if the Yotes could bring both of those guys in without moving any of their pick, Keller, Strome, Fischer ----

Panarin/Stepan/Kessel
Tkachuk/Galchenyuk/Keller
Perlini/Strome/Fischer
Panik/Dvorak/Rinaldo

That is a very very scary offensive group. Very scary.
Add Panarin and Kessel to any team and they'll suddenly have a "very scary" offensive group.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Wrong, there is state income tax in Arizona.

My mistake. I could have sworn one reason they said Roenick went to Arizona was because of no state income tax. I don’t know if it has changed since then or it was an erroneous statement at the time but I stand corrected
Did just look it up and Arizona State income tax is lower then most states but that is a big difference from none. My mistake

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
My mistake. I could have sworn one reason they said Roenick went to Arizona was because of no state income tax. I don’t know if it has changed since then or it was an erroneous statement at the time but I stand corrected
Did just look it up and Arizona State income tax is lower then most states but that is a big difference from none. My mistake

No worries at all, man. It’s very minimal in comparison to the likes of California and New York, but still has its percentages.

Reactions: Klaus3154

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I would actually love a deal around 5OA and Kessel from Pens side.

6.8 mill for a goal scorer like Kessel is not too much idk why AZ would say that. Also they can send cap back so I don’t see the problem.

5OA + Fischer + cap dump for Kessel + later pick?

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Yep, it has everything to do with how awesome of a franchise the Coyotes are.

poster_168f3a72663849f2b753794fb1ab2459_90188293_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I'm sure players would rather play where there are hoe women and nice weather but that's a little too hot.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Don't think the Coyotes want to offer up 5th OA. I think they'd rather do a deal like Perlini + Pierre Joseph + Minnesota's 2nd. Pens get Perlini that can probably put up 20-30 goals depending on the center he plays with (Crosby/Malkin/Brassard) and also receive a really good defensive prospect for the future and also an additional pick in this year's draft since they do not have a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->