Coyotes All Time Roster - Left Wing #2

#2 LW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So the goalie vote is about wrapped up, let's move to #2 LW.

Ladislav Nagy
Geoff Sanderson
Ray Whitney
Lauri Korpikoski
Max Domi
Clayton Keller
Phil Kessel
Taylor Hall

Ehhh....not great.

NOTE: The only rule when voting is you can only consider that player's time with the Coyotes.

Boedker played both wings at times but I think he was clearly better on the right so I'm putting him there. Schmaltz mostly plays RW (here anyway) as well I think.

Feel free to correct me or ask me to add names to the poll if I missed someone.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Whitney because he was the most impactful during his time here. Nagy would be my 2nd choice. I'm pretty sure he has the most total points out of those players. He's really an underrated forgotten player.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Nagy over Whitney by an absolute country mile for me. Whitney was a class player but Phoenix was just a quick 2 season veteran pitstop in his 20+ year career. He spent much more time at other clubs and achieved more elsewhere. I dont think he's all that bothered about Phoenix. 3 goals in 20 playoff games wasnt all that amazing either (for those who are hung up on playoff stats).

Was far more fun for me to watch Nagy develop as a young player into an elite one. 90% of his career was with us instead of 2%. Formed part of one of our best ever lines Nagy-Langkow-Johnson which was so much entertainment.

Very similar calibre, as individual players Whitney's durability and achievements are clearly higher but for the Coyotes alone, Nagy gets my vote. 15-1 so far is ridiculous.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Formed part of one of our best ever lines Nagy-Langkow-Johnson which was so much entertainment.

Whitney was also part of one of our best lines ever, Whitney - Hanzal - Vrbata. That line was better, at least equally entertaining, and helped kick off the Jets 1st round curse. The latter I think easily makes up for a couple seasons of not playing here.

Whitney's 11-12 season wasn't just really good it was one of the best any Coyote has ever had.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Whitney was also part of one of our best lines ever, Whitney - Hanzal - Vrbata. That line was better, at least equally entertaining, and helped kick off the Jets 1st round curse. The latter I think easily makes up for a couple seasons of not playing here.

Whitney's 11-12 season wasn't just really good it was one of the best any Coyote has ever had.
If Whitney wins then we have to vote Hanzal 2C and Vrbata 2RW to keep the line together right?

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002

Whitney's line was decent. But it wasn't as entertaining. Were you there when the Coyotes were four goals down to LA and Nagy-Langkow-Johnson rallied us back to win 6-5? Whitney's line was fairly classic and simplistic.. playmaker to sniper and playing opposite Vrbata's 35 goal season clearly helped his stats. They helped each other. Whitney is getting a lot of reflected glory from how well the team did and other players having great years. He helped that happen but conversely he was also simply a veteran who slotted in well into a veteran laden team. He came to us only because nobody else wanted him at the end of his career and he left as soon as someone offered more money. We're probably not even in his top 3 of favorite teams. He should be on the Hurricanes all time list. Feels kinda embarrassing to try and make him a "greatest ever" Coyote based on one season and say it "makes up for not playing that much for us".

Nagy-Langkow-Johnson was just a fantastic story. The team was falling apart. Langkow was failing to click with Doan or Briere as he was supposed to. Johnson was a 4th line scrub and on the verge of being booted out of the team. Nagy was talented but inexperienced and small playing like a deer in headlights. All three undersized players came together in adversity almost by accident and the chemistry was just amazing to watch. Every game they would outplay better and bigger opposition. They were the definition of chemistry and team spirit.

Looking back, that lockout really hurt Nagy's profile. We had seen him develop from rookie into an All Star level forward for us, the Coyotes. That's a very short list. He did that as a Coyote so that's the decisive factor for me.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What an embarrassment that someone like Lauri Korpikoski can even be put on a list like this.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Might as well do Nagy-Langkow-Johnson for line 3, then. haha.

Tkachuk-Roenick-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Nagy-Langkow-Johnson

May-Kolanos-Wilson could be the 4th line.. that's a damn fine looking team with real chemistry on the ice. But probably not how we should be doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->