Coyotes All Time Roster - Goalie Tandem (VOTE 2)

Which Two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I can't get over how horrible he was in the playoffs. Considering what the 2012 team did, I can't help but wonder what the two years before that could've been like if Bryz had been able to stop a beach ball in the playoffs.

Bryz would get mental...

The day of the first game of the Detroit playoffs was when the Toronto media dropped the story that the franchise was certain to be relocating after they were eliminated. It got into a lot of the players head, particularly Bryz’s.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I think if Bryzgalov and Smith had better mental fortitude they'd have been elite. Both had high variance where they'd be unstoppable and in the zone, but then would go down as a flaming heap another night. Granted they were probably on more often than not, but it's something to really key in on about Kuemper. He's so consistent and unflappable that his low periods are so fleeting and rarely span an entire game.

Reactions: LuckyNumber11

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
We have gone from Khabibulin, to Burke, to Joseph(weakest starter but still passable), to Bryzgalov, to Smith, to Raanta, to Kuemper, without much awfulness in-between. Even the aforementioned Aebischer/Auld tandem(which was actually an Aebischer/Auld/Tellqvist 3-way in which Aebischer left a few weeks into season after only playing 1 game) season was saved by claiming Bryzgalov off waivers.

Yup, this. It must surely be above average. We've never been a fanbase desperate to acquire a top goalie. I think we'd have a collective fit if we traded anything of value for one. The recent rumours around was it Thatcher Demko? being the main return for OEL had me horrified.

Very difficult to chose between these guys who all set franchise records plus Kuemper is a year away from joining them.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Looking for more votes, there are about half the regulars who haven't voted :P

Probably gonna go for #2 LW next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->